MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boston Pizza End Of Year Member Meetup A Success! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 05-03-2010 08:03 PM
The First Year Survival Guide lorend First Year Success 10 07-08-2009 09:27 AM
First-Year Academic Success - Part 2: Practise Tests Chad First Year Academic Success 1 09-10-2007 06:46 PM
First-Year Academic Success - Part 1: Attending Lectures Chad First Year Academic Success 13 09-10-2007 06:45 PM

FYEO's Guide To Success in First Year

Old 08-14-2007 at 08:38 AM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

FYEO's Guide To Success in First Year
Guide To Success in First Year
By Chad Fullerton

For first-year students, the transition into university can be difficult and scary. Luckily the First Year Experience Office is here to help! They have put together a fantastic Guide To Success in First Year, a 70-page booklet with all the essentials you should know before your first day at school. The guide is very thourough, covering everything from what to expect at university, to information about a whole bunch of useful resources.

To read the guide online, click here to view it in PDF format from the FYEO's website (http://fye.mcmaster.ca)

Also, as we covered previously, don't forget to check out the FYEO's Prelude To Mac service which is available at http://maclife.mcmaster.ca/prelude/
Old 07-02-2008 at 10:10 PM   #2
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

Hey does anyone have this old copy saved?

Its twice as long as the one I got today! I would love to read it.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2008 at 10:50 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

if you got a new one from the FYEO then that would be the updated one with newer content. Not sure what the differences between the two would be, but you're best sticking with the one with updated content. I have a hardcopy of the 2007 one sitting around somewhere, ... could give you one on Welcome Day (Aug 8th) if you visit our macinsiders booth
Old 07-03-2008 at 12:00 AM   #4
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

Hey Chad there is a 34 page difference, maybe they tried to save paper this year :p

The more reading I do the more prepared I feel for uni

I will be there on Welcome Day!

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2008 at 09:57 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

The pages last year were half the width and half the height of the current publication...so technically there should be about the same amount of content.

The content is a lot different from last year's though.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement