MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game May 06 : DN8 Chad Daily Game 0 05-06-2011 04:23 AM
Daily game Mar 26 : The Squirrel Game Chad Daily Game 0 03-26-2011 04:25 AM
Poker Game thanosgp General Discussion 21 11-12-2010 11:27 AM
Daily game Nov 06 : Moby Dick: The Video Game Chad Daily Game 0 11-06-2010 04:46 AM
poker game maverick1990 General Discussion 23 10-28-2009 07:43 PM

Game of Thrones.

Old 08-05-2011 at 04:50 PM   #16
Jinsin5

Liked: 0 Times

Should you read the books before/after/during watching the series?
Old 08-05-2011 at 04:56 PM   #17
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsin5 View Post
Should you read the books before/after/during watching the series?
I'm partway through the first book now (having already watched the first season) and I like that I watched the show first. The show stays very true to the book (so far) but the book fleshes out some of the details that the show leaves out.

Last edited by inthemaking : 08-05-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:50 PM   #18
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbconsumer View Post
1. AMAZING SHOW.
2. Do you use Reddit? Your post seems awfully familiar.
3. I'm afraid of this thread, some idiot who has read the books may spoil things for me.
I totally forgot about this thread!
Anyways, i am most certainly a redditor
Old 08-05-2011 at 06:14 PM   #19
rlevitin
MacInsiders Street Team

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemaking View Post
I'm partway through the first book now (having already watched the first season) and I like that I watched the show first. The show stays very true to the book (so far) but fleshes out some of the details.
Interesting, I've heard people say the opposite. "The books have more suspense," whereas you are saying that you like the show explains some of the mysteries.

I've been a fan of the books for a few years, currently reading the 5th book, just released. The show is excellent because of how well it stuck to the books, and the changes made are very believable and true to the story.

Awesome books, awesome show. The only thing I can say about order -- there ARE a lot of shocks in this series, so whichever you do first read or watch, you'll be spoiled for the other.
Old 08-05-2011 at 06:41 PM   #20
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevitin View Post
Interesting, I've heard people say the opposite. "The books have more suspense," whereas you are saying that you like the show explains some of the mysteries.

I've been a fan of the books for a few years, currently reading the 5th book, just released. The show is excellent because of how well it stuck to the books, and the changes made are very believable and true to the story.

Awesome books, awesome show. The only thing I can say about order -- there ARE a lot of shocks in this series, so whichever you do first read or watch, you'll be spoiled for the other.
Oops I totally meant to say that the book fleshes out details that the show just skims/leaves out. Anyway I'm debating if I should read the 2nd book when I finish the 1st just because I don't want to spoil the 2nd season..shows/movies never live up to the books so I kind of like that this way I'm not getting let down when something I deem important is cut from a show/movie if I watch the show/movie first.
Old 08-06-2011 at 12:06 AM   #21
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

I read the books when I was younger. Great series, fantastic read. The TV show was just phenomenal too, they did a fantastic job of emulating the books. Much better than a certain pile of shit I know called Legend of the Seeker, which shamed one of the best book series' I've ever read (albeit a lengthy rehash of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead)
Old 08-06-2011 at 04:05 AM   #22
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

I'm in love with this series!
Old 08-16-2011 at 09:10 PM   #23
previnw

Liked: 1 Time

Show is actually really good! I was kinda skeptical at first but after the first few episodes I changed my mind.
Old 08-26-2011 at 08:29 PM   #24
rechoo

Liked: 1 Time

I agree with some previous posters. I think watching the show first, which I did, helps loads. Maybe my brain capacity is small, but I would have a harder time keeping the characters straight without faces to them. The show makes it easier to follow the 74572634573 storylines In the middle of ACoK, and it's great
Old 08-31-2011 at 03:47 PM   #25
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

I'm obsessed with the show! I read the first book after watching season 1 and although the book gives you more details and insights that the show doesn't, I didn't particularly like the writing. The plot and characters are interesting, but I found that he used a lot of phrases repeatedly and his sentences were ambiguous and unnecessarily wordy.

That being said, I'd read it if you enjoy the story. I'm actually reading the second book now, I decided not to wait for the show.
Old 09-02-2011 at 12:49 AM   #26
shiblee

Liked: Liked 3 Times

it looks interesting, where can i get it from>?
Old 09-02-2011 at 01:01 AM   #27
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiblee View Post
it looks interesting, where can i get it from>?
It can't be a good idea to post a link to the files here but check out IceFilms.
Old 09-02-2011 at 08:11 AM   #28
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Just torrent it!
Old 09-02-2011 at 08:40 AM   #29
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris98 View Post
Yes, but we're not talking about the book.

Let's face it, character's age in books are often heightened for tv/movie adaptations for more mainstream appeal.

Regardless, even if she is only "13"...if you find her attractive in the pics above, there ain't nothin wrong with that. In fact, if anything, if you're a male and don't find her attractive, there's a pretty good chance that you're not...ummm...let's say curved.
I think you meant straight.

And if we are speaking technically here, well a 13 year old girl is, evolutionarily speaking, able to give birth and thus is a young woman. Unless she's a very late bloomer, that happens, rarely. But ya, just sayin.

Old 09-02-2011 at 08:40 AM   #30
Sim117

Liked: 2 Times

winter is coming...