MMedia 1B03 and GEOG 1HA3 (Term 1) changturkey Academics 1 08-25-2010 06:55 PM
Geog 1HA3 course outline tiger General Discussion 1 09-25-2009 02:15 PM

Geo 1HS3/Geog 1HA3

Old 06-13-2008 at 02:32 PM   #46
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Geo 1HS3/Geog 1HA3
If the title of this course wasn't obvious enough for you, you are about to read a review on Geo 1HS3/Geog 1HA3. As with many of the geography courses for the 2008/2009 year, several are being merged into 1 class, removed completely, undergoing a name change or are just being...

Last edited by samantha__ : 06-13-2008 at 02:35 PM.

all say thanks to samantha__ for this post.
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:40 PM   #45
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times
I took this course in 2010-2011, first semester with Dr. Peace.

Contrary to the people who commented before me, I didn't think that the writing portion was that bad. I barely typed 10 pages (double spaced) the WHOLE semester for this class. The assignments are A LOT easier and LESS time consuming than the essays I wrote for Bio 1M03 and Psych 1XX3. As a science student, I can say that the writing in this class takes much less effort than high school english did. Just make sure that you choose your group members wisely for the last assignment.

Material-wise, I found this course interesting and simple to understand. The in-class midterm was fair, as was the final. There were some questions on little details from the textbook (not discussed in class), but mostly they were from lecture notes. Also, Dr. Peace's notes are so good that most of the time you don't need to make your own.

Overall, with a little effort and some studying, its fairly easy to do well in this course.

sidenote: if you happen to take this 1st semester, make sure to go to the halloween lecture
Old 06-26-2011 at 08:30 PM   #46
nithla55

Liked: 1 Time
1Ha3
I took this course last semester with Mercier. I just used it to fill in a gap on my timetable but it ended up being the best course I took first year . The prof was amazing and the labs helped you with your writing skills. The assignments were time consuming but they were interesting to do and you could get good marks if you start early. My best advice would be to GO TO EVERY CLASS but other then that it was amazing and i got a 10 .
Old 07-30-2011 at 05:59 PM   #47
Chrys742

Liked: 0 Times
I didnt realli like this course. I felt it kinda took up much of ma time because of those labs each week.
Old 08-09-2011 at 12:28 PM   #48
Luux

Liked: 2 Times
I am confused about which two to select out of the three as my electives. Which two are the easier ones out of the three GEO 1HA3, ENVIR SC 1B03 or ENVIR SC 1A03? i need help fast !
Old 08-09-2011 at 09:24 PM   #49
harsshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luux View Post
I am confused about which two to select out of the three as my electives. Which two are the easier ones out of the three GEO 1HA3, ENVIR SC 1B03 or ENVIR SC 1A03? i need help fast !
I'd say take Geo 1HA3 out if its with mercier.
Old 08-09-2011 at 10:06 PM   #50
Luux

Liked: 2 Times
what was wrong with mercier? and do u know how the workload is like for ENVIR SC 1A03 and ENVIR SC 1B03
Old 09-06-2011 at 01:20 AM   #51
abzzz

Very very time consuming. The assignments require a lot of work. I wouldn't recommend taking it as an elective unless you are good at writing/ like group work. However, the course (ESP. the lectures) is very interesting.

Last edited by abzzz : 09-06-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search