MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earth Sc 3SR3 or Earth Sci 4C03 Cristina Academics 1 12-11-2012 06:45 PM
SFWR ENG 3RA3/CS 3SR3 - Software Requirements and Security Considerations Ownaginatios 3rd Year Course Reviews 4 12-14-2011 09:16 AM

Geo 3sr3

Old 08-28-2014 at 12:25 PM   #1
escape

Liked: 38 Times

Geo 3sr3
I was looking for some feedback on Geo3SR3 Remote Sensing which is being taught by Pat De Luka this fall.

How easy/hard is this course incomparison to 2GIS?

Any feedback is appreciated! =)
Old 08-28-2014 at 11:38 PM   #2
VitaSoy

Liked: 9 Times

Bill Morris taught it up until last year. The marks in the course came from (alternating) assignments and labs due every week and a practical (computer) exam. Morris was an exploration geologist (iirc), so many questions in assignments / labs were about geologic formations. Doing well in the course involved understanding the remote sensing theory very well, good common sense / intuition, and being able to use the ER mapper program well. It was a plus if you had been to places where images were captured.

3SR3 is now in Pat's hands and will be completely revamped this year. Notes/assignments/labs from last year won't help. You might be using a different program (maybe Arc). However, you guys will have the benefit of having a TA that has taken the course fairly recently and may be using remote sensing for his research.

escape says thanks to VitaSoy for this post.
Old 08-30-2014 at 06:55 AM   #3
escape

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaSoy View Post
Bill Morris taught it up until last year. The marks in the course came from (alternating) assignments and labs due every week and a practical (computer) exam. Morris was an exploration geologist (iirc), so many questions in assignments / labs were about geologic formations. Doing well in the course involved understanding the remote sensing theory very well, good common sense / intuition, and being able to use the ER mapper program well. It was a plus if you had been to places where images were captured.

3SR3 is now in Pat's hands and will be completely revamped this year. Notes/assignments/labs from last year won't help. You might be using a different program (maybe Arc). However, you guys will have the benefit of having a TA that has taken the course fairly recently and may be using remote sensing for his research.
Thank you so much! This was very helpful
I'm taking advanced vectors this semester along with Geo3SR3. Both of these courses require substantial lab time, so wasn't sure if I should go on with this course or not.

I've heard this course is really hard to do well in so I was a little sceptical about taking this.

VitaSoy likes this.
Old 08-30-2014 at 03:21 PM   #4
VitaSoy

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
Thank you so much! This was very helpful
I'm taking advanced vectors this semester along with Geo3SR3. Both of these courses require substantial lab time, so wasn't sure if I should go on with this course or not.

I've heard this course is really hard to do well in so I was a little skeptical about taking this.
No problem. Not sure if you're going into 3rd or 4th year but try to find out which GIS minor courses are offered next year and plan with that in mind. Taking them both together may be challenging, but it's definitely doable