MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geo 1HS3/Geog 1HA3 samantha__ 1st Year Course Reviews 50 09-06-2011 01:20 AM

Geog 1HA3

Old 08-10-2011 at 11:40 AM   #16
sf

Liked: 36 Times

Emailing the geo department to open up a spot for you would be pointless, there is no way I can see them doing that especially at this point. Just wait it out, I haven't heard of anyone not being able to get into the class by the time the drop/add date comes.

anonanon987 says thanks to sf for this post.
Old 08-10-2011 at 11:44 AM   #17
Luux

Liked: 2 Times

You could try, there might be a possibility..i personally would try

and thanks steph, that really helped a lot. btw i was wondering do you anything about how
the course ENVIR SC 1A03 was by any chance, the prof, workload ?
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:10 PM   #18
Luux

i personally would, you could try
& thanks steph, does anyone know how ENVIRON SC 1A03 was, the prof, workload?
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:12 PM   #19
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
Emailing the geo department to open up a spot for you would be pointless, there is no way I can see them doing that especially at this point. Just wait it out, I haven't heard of anyone not being able to get into the class by the time the drop/add date comes.
Ah I see, okay thanks once again.
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:15 PM   #20
sf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luux View Post
You could try, there might be a possibility..i personally would try

and thanks steph, that really helped a lot. btw i was wondering do you anything about how
the course ENVIR SC 1A03 was by any chance, the prof, workload ?
People generally have either a good or bad experience with 1A03, there doesn't really seem to be a middle ground. If you are interested in weather related topics then you should enjoy it, but if not you probably will find it very dry. The workload is not too bad, especially if you use your time in lab well. I am not sure who the prof is this year but all of them are good, so no matter which one is teaching it you will be fine.
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:29 PM   #21
Luux

which one would u recommend more ENVIRON SCI 1A03 or 1B03? and the prof is Bernier this year
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:34 PM   #22
sf

Quote:
which one would u recommend more ENVIRON SCI 1A03 or 1B03? and the prof is Bernier this year
Personally, I enjoyed 1A03 a lot more than 1B03 but everyone is different. I would recommend that you read the descriptions in the undergrad calendar and use that to help you decide. Both courses cover different topics so it comes down to what you think you will enjoy learning about more.
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:49 PM   #23
Luux

Which one are you able to score better on in your opinion..i read the course description, i found both of them to be interesting, just confused which one ud do better on or in average people tend to do better since i only have room to choose one of them
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:50 PM   #24
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Read course reviews on both of them if there are any to get a better idea.
Old 08-10-2011 at 12:55 PM   #25
Luux

yeah, its just people r saying its good and bad, making it confusing
thats y i wanted to ask steph here since it shows shes specialized in environmental studies
maybe she might know from others
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:00 PM   #26
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Everyone likes different things so no one can give you a definite answer, which is why some people are telling you it is good and some people are telling you it is bad. You have to take it yourself and find out if it is good or bad.
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:01 PM   #27
sf

Quote:
yeah, its just people r saying its good and bad, making it confusing
thats y i wanted to ask steph here since it shows shes specialized in environmental studies
maybe she might know from others
I actually got the same mark in both classes but I found it easier to obtain a high mark in 1A03. 1A03 is a bit more mathy and has more equations though. 1B03 is more about the actual environment and is more like what people think of when they think environmental science. If you truely can't decide then go with whichever one fits better in your schedule.

Luux says thanks to sf for this post.