Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geo 2ru3 (geography of the US) knight_ryder Academics 5 06-07-2010 10:28 AM

Geography 2RU3

Old 01-15-2011 at 11:20 PM   #1
TLulu1

Liked: 0 Times

Geography 2RU3
To those of you who took this course, is the textbook necessary?
Thanks
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:34 PM   #2
Om Nom

Liked: 7 Times

I wanted to know the same thing. Can someone who has taken this course please answer this?
Also, how much of the test is from the lecture notes and how much is it from the book?
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:59 PM   #3
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

i would also like to know too... havent bought the text yet
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:02 AM   #4
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

The text book isn't even in yet. As of Thursday. I was told it would be in on tuesday.
:tree:
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:15 AM   #5
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylojl View Post
The text book isn't even in yet. As of Thursday. I was told it would be in on tuesday.
there was a whole bunch of them when i went to the tank after the first class... mustve sold out then
Old 01-17-2011 at 12:48 PM   #6
TLulu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
there was a whole bunch of them when i went to the tank after the first class... mustve sold out then
Yeah I saw quite a few also when I went. But its quite expensive so I don't want to buy unless it is necessary.
Old 01-17-2011 at 02:47 PM   #7
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm in this course too, and I'm not buying the textbook.

I've taken TONS of classes with Mercier and I've never bought the textbooks. Sometimes, he has one or two questions on the tests that come straight from the book. But pretty much everything else comes from lectures/movies. If you go to all the lectures (I don't mean just getting the notes from someone, you need to actually go) and study, you'll probably do fine.
Old 01-17-2011 at 03:43 PM   #8
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post

I've taken TONS of classes with Mercier and I've never bought the textbooks. Sometimes, he has one or two questions on the tests that come straight from the book. But pretty much everything else comes from lectures/movies. If you go to all the lectures (I don't mean just getting the notes from someone, you need to actually go) and study, you'll probably do fine.
thanx
Old 01-17-2011 at 04:41 PM   #9
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

I can't believe I just spent 115 bucks plus tax for this tiny text book...ugh...
:tree:
Old 01-18-2011 at 03:02 PM   #10
TLulu1

Quote:

Is it possible to pose an educated guess for the one or two questions and get them right?
Old 01-30-2011 at 11:50 PM   #11
Nort

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:

I took Geog 2MA3 with Mercier and remember someone asking him how much of the test content would be on material from the text book. They essentially asked him if it would be "like 20% or something?" and his reply was "Wow that would be a lot, no its more like 10% or less". I think you are right when you say that nearly all of his test content is from lectures and from what I've read of the book already the extra content is superfluous tidbits he wouldn't realistically test on.
Old 02-08-2011 at 03:58 PM   #12
TLulu1

Does anyone have any practise midterms for this course?