MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Student Centre Hours Goce General Discussion 4 11-24-2009 08:24 AM
The birds in the student centre HeatherH General Discussion 25 03-30-2009 11:58 PM
Student Centre Changes Matt Wright General Discussion 36 03-29-2009 07:52 PM
Womens Centre Aftermath AndrewC MSU & On-Campus Services 31 03-28-2009 10:37 PM

How to get to Hamilton GO centre?

Old 09-29-2010 at 08:41 PM   #1
Strategy

Liked: 46 Times

How to get to Hamilton GO centre?
I am looking for the most efficient way of getting to the Hamilton GO centre using the HSR. I used the HSR website to look for routes to the GO centre from McMaster and I got like 5 different routes with 2-3 transfers.

So I am wondering what is the best way to get their (least amount of time, least amount of transfers -- although I'd prefer no transfers over everything).

Also, please state where you go to be picked up on campus since there are a couple of bus stops.

Btw, if it makes a difference, this is for weekday trips.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2010 at 08:46 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy View Post
I am looking for the most efficient way of getting to the Hamilton GO centre using the HSR. I used the HSR website to look for routes to the GO centre from McMaster and I got like 5 different routes with 2-3 transfers.

So I am wondering what is the best way to get their (least amount of time, least amount of transfers -- although I'd prefer no transfers over everything).

Also, please state where you go to be picked up on campus since there are a couple of bus stops.

Btw, if it makes a difference, this is for weekday trips.

Thanks!
Take any bus going east towards downtown Hamilton. The 51 goes directly into the the GO Station, all the other buses either go to MacNab or to Hughson and you can walk from there which takes like 5 minutes.
Old 09-29-2010 at 08:46 PM   #3
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

The 51 (University) goes directly to the Hamilton GO Centre, if I'm not mistaken. Anything 5 will take you downtown and you can walk up James/John until you see it. I'm not an expert, so somebody else can field it more accurately from here.

Old 09-29-2010 at 08:51 PM   #4
MeganB214

Liked: 1 Time

Does Anyone know if there is a direct bus with no transfers from Mac to Eastgate on a Saturday?
Old 09-29-2010 at 09:04 PM   #5
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganB214 View Post
Does Anyone know if there is a direct bus with no transfers from Mac to Eastgate on a Saturday?
51 - Goes directly to GO Centre (last stop)

10(A) Beeline - Goes directly to Eastgate Mall (last stop)

edit: sorry should have read the date. I dont think there is a direct bus going from Mac to Eastgate during the weekend. 10 is only weekdays.

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 09-29-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2010 at 09:33 PM   #6
Strategy

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
51 - Goes directly to GO Centre (last stop)
Thanks everyone! Just a few clarifying questions..

Now when you say the 51's last stop is the GO centre, do you mean I have to sit through many other stops or will it be the first stop? (which 51 do I take, eastbound or westbound ? )

Also, where exactly do I have to wait for this bus ?
Old 09-29-2010 at 09:36 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganB214 View Post
The 1 king but even then you need to get downtown.

Seriously though, you're gonna have to get used to transfers. That's what you get for wanting to live in butt**** nowhere (yes, west end is butt**** nowhere)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-29-2010 at 09:39 PM   #8
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:

Now when you say the 51's last stop is the GO centre, do you mean I have to sit through many other stops or will it be the first stop? (which 51 do I take, eastbound or westbound ? )

May I suggest using Google Maps? There is direction feature where all you do is type in your starting destination (i.e. 1280 Main Street - McMaster University) and your end destination (Hamilton Go Centre). Google Maps can show you how the fastest route by either walking, driving or by taking public transit.
I use Google maps all the time when I use the HSR and it always tells me where to go, what time to expect the bus to arrive and when I should arrive at my destination.
(Obviously, when and if you decide to use it you'll have to change the dates)

Last edited by Deegs14 : 09-29-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2010 at 10:14 PM   #9
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:

GO is the LAST stop... u take the bus on the other side of the street of the student cetre... the one in front of the divinity place... if it doesnt say to hailton go in the ticker dont take it (i made that mistake last year... although it jus loops anyway)
Old 10-01-2010 at 08:36 PM   #10
TheCrucible

Liked: 52 Times

I posted this in the other thread as well, but...

I looked up the HSR schedules, and apparently we can take the HSR (#5 - Delaware) from Main & Emerson (which is just outside the Mac entrance near the children's hospital), and stop at Main & Hughston. Then you would have to walk down Hughston (turn right) until you get to Hunter St. W, which is where the Hamilton GO Station should be.
Old 10-04-2010 at 11:17 AM   #11
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:

just make sure the bus is going to downtown..

BTW, is that MATS SUNDIN on your avatar..LMAOOOOO i feel his pain