MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EastGate Mall at Night? huzaifa47 General Discussion 9 10-28-2009 03:04 PM
back to back classes? mandee08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 36 08-20-2009 11:59 PM
And We're Back! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 21 06-29-2009 02:47 AM
When do we come back? J-Met General Discussion 2 12-30-2008 11:59 PM
We'll be back soon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-12-2006 09:54 PM

Getting to eastgate and back

Old 11-07-2010 at 08:10 PM   #1
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Getting to eastgate and back
I need to go to Eastgate mall tomorrow and i need to be there by 8pm. Whats the simplest way to get there using the HSR.
Old 11-07-2010 at 08:11 PM   #2
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Hop on a 1 - king going EASTBOUND, i.e. opposite direction of Mac, lol.
Make sure you're somewhere on Main street at a busstop, and it'll get you there.

Oh, and to get back, wait at the SAME spot you got off when you got to Eastgate, a king will show up going WESTBOUND, i.e. to downtown.

Old 11-07-2010 at 08:13 PM   #3
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Hop on a 1 - king going EASTBOUND, i.e. opposite direction of Mac, lol.
Make sure you're somewhere on Main street at a busstop, and it'll get you there.

Oh, and to get back, wait at the SAME spot you got off when you got to Eastgate, a king will show up going WESTBOUND, i.e. to downtown.
how do i get to u
Old 11-07-2010 at 08:14 PM   #4
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

or you can catch a 10 - B Line from either the hospital, or across the street from the new engineering building, that will get you there in like 30 mins, compared to the king, which takes forever
Old 11-07-2010 at 08:17 PM   #5
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPat View Post
or you can catch a 10 - B Line from either the hospital, or across the street from the new engineering building, that will get you there in like 30 mins, compared to the king, which takes forever
Oh, I forgot about those!!
For some reason, I thought tomorrow was still a weekend. D:

But yes, what GPat said.

Blines will get you there faster, because it only stops at certain stops (at Mac, Parkdale, Kenilworth, Wentworth, Longwood, Dundurn, etc etc).

So yeah if you go to the hospital onto Main street (at Emerson) you'll be able to catch a bline there
(note that Kings go inside Mac only )

Old 11-07-2010 at 08:48 PM   #6
Kerbs

Liked: 17 Times

GPat has no idea what he is talking about. Ever.

GCSM says thanks to Kerbs for this post.
Old 11-07-2010 at 08:50 PM   #7
Rob Mac

Liked: 14 Times

To get to Eastgate do what was mentioned above and to get back (im assuming it will be after 8:00) you will take the 1 King to GO station and from there get on the 51 University which will get you back to MAC.
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:10 PM   #8
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbs View Post
GPat has no idea what he is talking about. Ever.
thanks for the support
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:20 PM   #9
Kerbs

Liked: 17 Times

Anytime !
Old 11-07-2010 at 09:54 PM   #10
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

The b-lines stop running at 7, so unless you want to get there early the kings are your best bet.

http://www.busweb.hamilton.c a:8008/

This is a really handy tool, just type start location and end location.
Old 11-07-2010 at 10:53 PM   #11
EmilySusie

Liked: 18 Times

I just checked the HSR schedule, and it said the 1A- to easgate stops running from McMaster at 6:30PM. So you would need to take another bus, or make sure you catch it in time. Any bus that stops on campus and goes eastbound will take you downtown- 51, 5, etc.

You need to get off downtown at John to transfer. Go to the stop between John and Bowen and catch the 1-to eastgate. Make sure you're at the right stop- the bus pole should have 1 marked on it. There's also another stop near John but only 5's stop there, and they don't go to eastgate.

I know it's confusing but there's two 1's the 1A that goes from Mac to Eastgate and it stops running in the evening, and the 1 that goes from downtown to Eastgate. That's the one you need to take, after you get downtown.

Also, make sure that if you take the 51 you get off downtown before John because it ends up turning into the Go Station before John, I suggest getting off at MacNab, then continue walking a few blocks to John/Bowen. Any other bus will stop at John though, I'm pretty sure.

Coming back, you'll take the 1 to downtown again and any bus going westbound will take you either to or near Mac. Just ask the driver first if the bus goes to Mac, if they say no, ask if it stops at Main and Emerson. I'm pretty sure all of the Westbound buses on King will go to either.
Old 11-08-2010 at 02:16 AM   #12
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

i kno ppl already responded but imma say stuff again

how i got there yesterday(saturday): took the 51 from infront of student centre to go station.. took the 1 king and its the last stop

how i would get there on a weekday: 10 bline there and back.. its quicker than any other way