MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting Involved At Mac (Part 5) lorend Getting Involved At MAC Series 3 10-05-2007 11:17 PM

Getting Involved

Old 11-12-2012 at 10:47 AM   #1
fitspo93

Liked: 0 Times

Getting Involved
I haven't joined any clubs or teams at Mac yet and won't have time until second term. Are there any clubs/teams that start second term..where's the info for this ??? :p
Old 11-12-2012 at 12:18 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/clubs

Clubs are continuous, just jump in! It can be a bit difficult being the new person, but people are pretty accepting, you don't have to hide behind a flock of other newcomers,
Old 11-12-2012 at 12:45 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Jump in. Ask around for friends in clubs you are interested and you can ask to join the mailing list so you are updated. There is another "clubfest" during winter but that's usually alot smaller
Old 11-13-2012 at 09:44 PM   #4
kevb

Liked: 1 Time

I think you can join most clubs any time of the year!
Old 11-13-2012 at 10:39 PM   #5
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

There's never a term that's too busy. Honestly, you're all too likely to continue making that excuse. I've heard that excuse a billion times from peers... It's lame, and gets you no where.

I know people commuting from Pickering, and running a provincial competition for McMaster. I know people living in the states, and planning a national conference. I know people overloading with 7 eng courses, who managed to play intramural sports on weekends. I won't get into the laundry list of things myself and my fellow Eng leaders have done for the community this year, while struggling through 5-6 courses...

These are all Engineering examples... I guess if you whole heartedly believe these people have to work less than you, perhaps you have a valid point for being too busy. But somehow I doubt it (overloading, and working a full-time co-op in another country make them pretty busy people)...

Key point to take away: Don't let the "I don't have time" excuse get used past tomorrow. It tends to stick with most people for their entire time here, and then at the end of their 4-7 years, they regret it.

britb, Marooner, rsakura, Snowman like this.
Old 11-22-2012 at 11:56 PM   #6
jemcheng

Most clubs don't mind people that just join in halfway through!
Old 11-23-2012 at 12:48 AM   #7
nadiagreen

Making Waves Hamilton is starting up again next term, so if you're interested in volunteering to teach swimming lessons for those with disabilities, it's a great club to join especially because it's only one hour of your week!
Old 11-23-2012 at 03:03 PM   #8
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

Join SWHAT!!! SWHAT is awesome and you can join anytime. The hours are great and so are the people!

You do 3 shifts per month and each shift is 4 hrs. For more info check out:https://www.msumcmaster.ca/search/swhat
Old 11-23-2012 at 03:22 PM   #9
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I'm curious as to whether the OP has (since these messages), found a club and went to a meeting of some sort.