MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:00 PM   #1
Rock007

Liked: 0 Times

Getting Married!
What is the ideal age to get married and WHY?

What factors to consider before getting married to a guy/girl? << (points that are ABSOLUTELY important for a marriage to work)

Would it be a smarter idea to get married to a guy/girl you've been dating for a while after graduation and then continue with your life?
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:05 PM   #2
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock007 View Post

What factors to consider before getting married to a guy/girl? << (points that are ABSOLUTELY important for a marriage to work)

Would it be a smarter idea to get married to a guy/girl you've been dating for a while after graduation and then continue with your life?
some one did a vote like this on facebook
It showed that most people thought it was around 25 years old ( more then 10k votes)
i think 23-24 came second and 27-29 came third

its better to have some sort of income when ur gona get married and also have fun too because when ur gona commit into a relation ship like that ur gona have to sacrifice some things

And i know your hoping this thread will go big
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:15 PM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

at first i thought u were actually going to get married and was about to yell GRATTTZZZZ... but then i realized ur still first year and just asking a q -_-...

anyways funny thing my friends were talking about this not so long ago, most girls 'think' theyll be getting married around 25-27 ( now adays alot of them want to live it out a while and get a steady job before commiting) the guys were sort of all around 27 28 though...

interesting question y do u ask

Afzal, justinsftw like this.
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:18 PM   #4
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:

I remember reading somewhere the average was 25. I think between that and something like 27, 28, is good. 30 seems old to me... lol

I think you have to know if you can stand living with the person for the rest of your life, and if you'll never get bored of them or stop loving them. I personally would never get married while in school, unless if was something like a PhD, where you have some idea of non-academic life...
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:18 PM   #5
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Also,

http://images2.memegenerator .net/I... orever-Alone

http://images2.memegenerator .net/I... orever-Alone

Willmountain, _Luu_ like this.
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:26 PM   #6
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

I'm pretty sure it's all about personal preference. If you're in a relationship with someone and you're 100% confident that you want to spend the rest of your life with them, that's cool, but in my honest opinion, I would not even consider it until I was older than 25. I just don't trust my own judgement to the point where I'm sure who I want to spend the rest of my life with after just 10 years of adulthood.

But of course, I know a few people that are married and not much older than I am, and they're very happy together.
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:30 PM   #7
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post
I'm pretty sure it's all about personal preference. If you're in a relationship with someone and you're 100% confident that you want to spend the rest of your life with them, that's cool, but in my honest opinion, I would not even consider it until I was older than 25. I just don't trust my own judgement to the point where I'm sure who I want to spend the rest of my life with after just 10 years of adulthood.

But of course, I know a few people that are married and not much older than I am, and they're very happy together.
about waiting until ur 30 i dont think this is a good idea because u will die and wont be able to see ur kids or even grand kids properly
unless u have kids before ur married lol
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:31 PM   #8
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:

My dad's a wedding videographer, and he says the average age is usually around 27.

I think it's nice to finish school and get a decent start in your career before you settle down. I also think it's important to live with someone first, to make sure you're compatible.

There are obvious dealbreakers to long term relationships, the top ones being children, religion, money management, abuse and addiction.

I think one of the most important things to know before you decide is that you still want to be with that person forever - even when you're furious with them.

aya017 likes this.
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:43 PM   #9
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I don't really think there is an ideal age. Love can happen at anytime in your life, and when it does you'll know when it feels right to get married.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:44 PM   #10
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I don't think there is an "ideal age", because everyone is different. If you been with someone for 10 years, it might make sense to get married at 23. If you don't plan on having kids, or you want to travel/focus on your career, it might make sense to get married when you're 35+. I don't think there is any ideal age. There's just the age that you and your partner are at when you decide you're ready.
Old 04-20-2011 at 05:48 PM   #11
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
about waiting until ur 30 i dont think this is a good idea because u will die and wont be able to see ur kids or even grand kids properly

Old 04-20-2011 at 05:56 PM   #12
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post

Willmountain, _Luu_ like this.
Old 04-20-2011 at 06:10 PM   #13
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

To the topic. I think getting married before you have been working for 3 years, and in a relationship for at least 3, preferably 4-5 years is unacceptable. Just don't think something that is supposed to last the rest of your life should be rushed into in a 6 month relationship, and people change quite a bit till they are ~mid 20's.
Old 04-20-2011 at 06:18 PM   #14
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

As soon as you finish your studies. Having a family can be hard but the outcome is joy.
Old 04-20-2011 at 06:18 PM   #15
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

People get married for the sake of saying "im married omgz" too often. Should be in a relationship for 3+ years, be completely happy with the person and at least live together for a year. You have to know you won't go nuts living together because they have annoying habits or become a totally different person.

Marriage should not change the relationship, it should be a label and that's it. When people get married to make the relationship better, that's a problem.

There is no right age....

No marriage unless:

1) Lived together for a while and love it
2) Financially secure
3) Still enjoy sex with each other years into the relationship, always hilarious when a guy marries a girl who avoids sex like the plague....good idea, you totally won't cheat on each other.

Last edited by mOeeOm : 04-20-2011 at 06:25 PM.