MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-20-2011 at 06:28 PM   #16
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post
People get married for the sake of saying "im married omgz" too often. Should be in a relationship for 3+ years, be completely happy with the person and at least live together for a year. You have to know you won't go nuts living together because they have annoying habits or become a totally different person.

Marriage should not change the relationship, it should be a label and that's it. When people get married to make the relationship better, that's a problem.

There is no right age....

No marriage unless:

1) Lived together for a while and love it
2) Financially secure
3) Still enjoy sex with each other years into the relationship, always hilarious when a guy marries a girl who avoids sex like the plague....good idea, you totally won't cheat on each other.
Weird coming from a guy who's name is Mohammed...

No offense, but I'm Muslim, so I have a different point of view of marriage.

mfattal likes this.
Old 04-20-2011 at 06:32 PM   #17
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post

Couples having terrible sex should not be getting married.
Old 04-20-2011 at 06:47 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:

I'm Muslim as well, and I don't understand your comment :S. Why is "enjoying sex" weird coming from a muslim =S?? There's a lot of texts that focus on that idea and as long as 2 people are married, there's nothing against "enjoying sex" between a married couple in Islam .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post

Couples having terrible sex should not be getting married.
While I agree that "terrible sex" is one of the reasons a lot of marriages break up, it definitely shouldn't be one of the main foundations to base marriage on -____-

@OP- I'm seeing a lot of friends getting married nowadays and it's weird in my opinion, I just can't see myself there now or anytime soon. For me, not before 27 because there's just so much I haven't done in life yet.
Old 04-20-2011 at 07:25 PM   #19
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

18 is the ideal age for a marriage

traveler10 likes this.
Old 04-20-2011 at 07:37 PM   #20
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

.stable job after grad before anything.

Old 04-20-2011 at 07:37 PM   #21
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
While I agree that "terrible sex" is one of the reasons a lot of marriages break up, it definitely shouldn't be one of the main foundations to base marriage on -____-
Shouldn't the fact that you suggest it does cause breakups MAKE it a necessary foundation?
Old 04-20-2011 at 07:57 PM   #22
Skye

Liked: 3 Times

I just got engaged on feb We have dated for 4 years, lived together for 1 year, I am 19 he is 20.
It will probably be a long engagment though, likely after graduation we will get married

As for kids..not for another ten years. Prefferably in our 30s

AelyaS likes this.
Old 04-20-2011 at 10:22 PM   #23
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Marriage is such an outdated concept in today's society, the divorce rate is disgustingly high and is only going to increase.
Old 04-20-2011 at 11:02 PM   #24
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Marriage is such an outdated concept in today's society, the divorce rate is disgustingly high and is only going to increase.
That's because of infidelity and financial problems. Men and women in this society are too lustful, most of the they don't look too much into each other's personality.
Old 04-20-2011 at 11:05 PM   #25
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock007 View Post
What is the ideal age to get married and WHY?

What factors to consider before getting married to a guy/girl? << (points that are ABSOLUTELY important for a marriage to work)

Would it be a smarter idea to get married to a guy/girl you've been dating for a while after graduation and then continue with your life?

Id like to say 25/26 just because thats what id like to see happen in my life. Ive been with my boyfriend for over 4 years now and we seem to agree that thats a good time point in life... -- not sure if its weird or not but we talk about marriage as if its inevitable that we're going to marry each other..

but anyway, the ideal age is definitely based on beliefs and the situation that your life is in, and the goals you want in the future. I personally dont think that itd be the greatest to get married while still in school, but that doesnt mean people cant take a step towards that commitment by getting engaged while still in school. Also life has to happen i.e you need to find that person and for some that might not come until a later age.

I think people should really consider finances, and not just jump into things believing that the combined income will save you.. Maybe also have some job expereicne first, but that might just be because I associate marriage with children soon after.. and I feel like you should get some job experience in first before all of that due to maternity leave and etc. ..

I also agree with what others have said about not jumping into marriage or engagement after a 6month relationship, just because dynamics change afterwards. Living together before is also a good idea although not completly necessary... i mean if you get married and cant deal with how your partner lives/ cant compromise/ discuss things .. you probs shouldnt have gotten married because youre clearly not into sharing a life with someone

for a marriage to work i think important factors are
- TRUST- never marry without this~
- being connected : knowing what each person expects from their life in the next 10/15 years and see how similar things are to see if goals can still be achieved or if one will eventually feel that the marriage is holding them back
- good/healthy sex life./ attraction
- emotionally healthy- feel like you can talk about anything ,not hold things in

probably a lot more.. but yep. theres my 2 cents
Old 04-20-2011 at 11:07 PM   #26
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
That's because of infidelity and financial problems. Men and women in this society are too lustful, most of the they don't look too much into each other's personality.
yep, because 2000 years ago no one would EVER think of having sex for fun
****ing disgusting mang where's ur head at

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-20-2011 at 11:07 PM   #27
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times

I don't understand what you're saying. People don't get married without getting to know each other, 99% of the time.
Old 04-20-2011
Souldier
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-20-2011 at 11:19 PM   #28
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
You can thank women's rights for that, women aren't repressed anymore, and aren't as chastised for being sluts...so now the majority of women are sluts and don't feel guilty about it. No way am I getting married to a slut. I just feel sorry for all the chumps who are going to marry sluts and not know that their wives are sluts (they're very good at hiding it).
You're right, someone should build a slut detector to detect all the women who possess such slutty traits. I don't want to get STD or get the news that my partner does explicit adult videos. Seriously, there are SO MANY women in prostitution or adult movies.

Ah, the good ol days when women had no rights.
Old 04-20-2011 at 11:32 PM   #29
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I don't believe you have a right to call all women sluts for whatever reasons, be it the manner they dress or whatever. If you're muslim, you would know by example of our Prophet (PBUH) that we're not supposed to pick faults at others, but rather first correct the ones we ourselves hold (which is common sense, really).

Since I have no wish to be involved into anything remotely like a debate, I shan't be replying to this thread again, heh.

Last edited by Faer : 04-20-2011 at 11:35 PM.

mfattal likes this.