MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-20-2011 at 11:36 PM   #31
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
I don't believe you have no right to call all women sluts for whatever reasons, be it the manner they dress or whatever. If you're muslim, you would know by example of our Prophet (PBUH) that we're not supposed to pick faults at others, but rather first correct the ones we ourselves hold (which is common sense, really).

Since I have no wish to be involved into anything remotely like a debate, I shan't be replying to this thread again, heh.
Grade A example of the kind of chump I was talking about. Here's a bro-tip especially for you: Get a paternity test on any kids you have.

pavlov likes this.
Old 04-21-2011 at 12:51 AM   #32
dromias

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Grade A example of the kind of chump I was talking about. Here's a bro-tip especially for you: Get a paternity test on any kids you have.
Grade A example of someone that is too shallow to understand what someone intelligent is trying to say.

Faer, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 04-21-2011 at 01:05 AM   #33
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromias View Post
Grade A example of someone that is too shallow to understand what someone intelligent is trying to say.
He lost all credibity the second he mentioned the "Prophet".
Old 04-21-2011 at 01:08 AM   #34
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
He lost all credibity the second he mentioned the "Prophet".
Actually, he was talking to me. And since I do believe in the Prophet, it is credible to me. However I don't feel like engaging in a religious debate with you because I will totally destroy your arguments, I've been in many debates.

Mr.Prodigy likes this.
Old 04-21-2011 at 03:14 AM   #35
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
I will totally destroy your arguments, I've been in many debates.
Watchout everyone!!
Old 04-21-2011 at 05:08 AM   #36
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Weird coming from a guy who's name is Mohammed...

No offense, but I'm Muslim, so I have a different point of view of marriage.
I agree with you

this dude is trying to fit in with other cutlers/Religon while ignoring his own

Mr.Prodigy likes this.
Old 04-21-2011 at 05:10 AM   #37
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
I just got engaged on feb We have dated for 4 years, lived together for 1 year, I am 19 he is 20.
It will probably be a long engagment though, likely after graduation we will get married

As for kids..not for another ten years. Prefferably in our 30s
u cant control that mistakes happen
Old 04-21-2011 at 07:26 AM   #38
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
...owever I don't feel like engaging in a religious debate with you because I will totally destroy your arguments, I've been in many debates.
Thats why I didn't go into sports, because I'm so damn athletic, I would just defeat my opponents so hard. I'd make them cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
u cant control that mistakes happen
Thats what your dad said :(

Old 04-21-2011 at 07:48 AM   #39
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

WAIT WAIT WAIT GUYSSSSSSSS!!!!! IM GETTTING MARRIED IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!!! Also, in case you guys are interested I'll be almost 19 at that point [yeah im not exactly legal here, but im from Alberta so whatever!] and ive been dating my fiance for 1yr1mt1wk haha [not trying to be corny, just thought that was cool]1
Old 04-21-2011 at 08:03 AM   #40
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

I think it's better to get married younger. That way you move in together, and get to kinda grow up together. That way neither of you has time to develop annoying habits they would've living alone. I mean there will still be little things that bother you about living with any person but the younger you are, the easier it will be to get used to them or compromise. As you get older, you become more and more set in your ways.

Also kids should be had before 30 imo. It's healthier for the woman, and you'll have a lot more energy to take care of little kids when you're younger. Not to mention, grandchildren!
My parents had me when they were 23 & 24 (they'd been married for a year). And now when I graduate they'll be 45ish. They have more money now than they did when they were young and they can use this time to travel and do all those things that people choose to do at 20 instead. Not to mention, in a few years they'll have grandchildren they'll be young enough to enjoy.

That being said, I'm not actually a big believer in the institution of marriage. I think moving in with someone is equivalent to being married. I don't need a ring to know that I want to be with that person.
This is all just my opinion though. Everyone thinks differently based on how they were raised, religious beliefs, etc.

xxsumz says thanks to AmyLia for this post.
Old 04-21-2011 at 08:58 AM   #41
3am Coffee

Liked: 155 Times

Quote:
Actually, he was talking to me. And since I do believe in the Prophet, it is credible to me. However I don't feel like engaging in a religious debate with you because I will totally destroy your arguments, I've been in many debates.
wow... this is the most unintentionally hilarious thing ive ever read.
Old 04-21-2011 at 09:28 AM   #42
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Back to the original topic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Shouldn't the fact that you suggest it does cause breakups MAKE it a necessary foundation?
I thought about that while typing my response as well, but no, it doesn't make it a necessary foundation. And here's why, not "enjoying sex" with your partner when you're married can be one of the main reasons leading to a downward spiral of the marriage, simply because that's what leads to infidelity and eventually break up the marriage since that trust gets lost in between. However, when you're building a marriage, it's more build on having common grounds with personality, outlook into a future together and such. Not simply a checklist with "enjoyable sex" being one of the criteria for picking an individual to spend the rest of your life with.
Old 04-21-2011 at 10:10 AM   #43
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
not "enjoying sex" with your partner when you're married can be one of the main reasons leading to a downward spiral of the marriage, simply because that's what leads to infidelity and eventually break up the marriage.

Not simply a checklist with "enjoyable sex" being one of the criteria for picking an individual to
spend the rest of your life with.

But why not if it causes such turmoil? Still seems important from the consequences you state.

Re: Children - Hard to say! Depends what you want to do with your life/career, as having 2-3 children takes about as many years off work... or more! (and some never go back to work afterward)
Old 04-21-2011 at 10:38 AM   #44
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

Quote:
What debate? Just because someone believes in Santa doesn't make him real
Old 04-21-2011 at 10:50 AM   #45
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
What debate? Just because someone believes in Santa doesn't make him real
You're crazy. If Santa doesn't exist, who's sleigh does Rudolph pull every year?

Phaint says thanks to TedMosby for this post.