MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-26-2011 at 09:25 PM   #76
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
I didn't say Islam deserves more respect. You are putting words in my mouth to get an argument going.

I didn't make fun of Christians, Pagans or Atheists. It's something called respect. Moe is a name someone makes up to mock someone else. Did I say Jeez ? No. Did I say Moe ? No.

This is the problem with you Islamophobes. How can we Muslims engage in a logical discussion when you start mocking our beliefs and using slangs. Get out of your chair and go to any professional debates. You will get kicked out if you start mocking someone's beliefs.

In other words, to have a civilized conversation, there has to be respect.

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if you're going to twist the sentence above and put words in my mouth. And Again you have no coherence with your arguments. Someone said that, I quote :"What debate? Just because someone believes in Santa doesn't make him real " And this was when I told him that I believed in the Prophet Mohammed. If you can't understand something as simple as that, I suggest you seek medical attention.
Well said bro.
Old 04-26-2011 at 10:36 PM   #77
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

This is not a thread about religion, please stay on topic. OP's questions:

Quote:
What is the ideal age to get married and WHY?

What factors to consider before getting married to a guy/girl? << (points that are ABSOLUTELY important for a marriage to work)

Would it be a smarter idea to get married to a guy/girl you've been dating for a while after graduation and then continue with your life?
Old 04-26-2011 at 10:59 PM   #78
sumcj

Liked: 1 Time

Congratulations!

Faer likes this.
Old 04-29-2011 at 08:26 AM   #79
patricj

Liked: 0 Times

hmm
i think that there isnt really an ideal age to get married,
unless you're 14 or something, which is sooo wrong
but as long as you love each other and you're sure that
you'd be able to keep your relationship going i think that's all
that really matters. but of course that could be to optimistic
Old 07-12-2011
nelsonhwetso
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-16-2011 at 06:51 PM   #80
Ellywinkle

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
Also kids should be had before 30 imo. It's healthier for the woman, and you'll have a lot more energy to take care of little kids when you're younger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
I can understand why a lot of people would elect to leave having kids to their 30s but personally I wana get that part over with before I turn 30 so I can raise them while we're all still young lol I figure it'll be more fun that way (probably harder than someone with more life experience but still more fun).
Since when is being in your 30s considered old??? You make it sound like you'll be wobbling around with a cane while trying to chase after your kids. I have two cousins, both in their late 30s who, between the both of them, have 5 girls under 7. They and their wives definitely don't strike me as "old" parents and while their girls are a handful, they also don't strike me as not having the energy to keep up with them as you make it sound.

Not that I'm criticizing you specifically. I think it's interesting that so many people our age and younger are like OMG when I'm 30 I'll be so old. But it really isn't. You'll be 30 before you know it and you won't feel old.
Old 07-16-2011 at 06:55 PM   #81
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

The only reason I would have for having kids before I turned 30 is the lower rate of birth defects. But IMO, I strongly support adoption.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-16-2011 at 08:02 PM   #82
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
The only reason I would have for having kids before I turned 30 is the lower rate of birth defects. But IMO, I strongly support adoption.
I agree. Also I think what the post above was referring to is that a large difference between parents and kids isn't exactly idea. For e.g. if someone has their first kid at 40, their child will be 20 by the time they're 60 and I know 60 is not old but the gap between generations becomes a little too big between the child and the parent(s).
Old 07-16-2011 at 08:48 PM   #83
enon

Liked: 10 Times

I think marriage in the mid-30s is doable. At that point in one's life I'm guessing both partners would be settled in their careers and be making decent money. As I understand it, a lot of divorces end up becoming about money issues, so it would make sense for people to take the leap once they're both financially independent.

I don't want to have kids however, and I'm a little worried that that could reduce my pool of potential long term partners. My official reason for not wanting them is that I'm a neo-Malthusian and raising children in a Western country means that they will consume a quantity of natural resources (water, electricity, gas) that is many multiples of the amount used by kids in even other rich countries (switzerland, singapore, etc, primarily due to smaller geographical sizes and availability of public transport). It's wasteful and unsustainable and there is no political will to implement changes anytime soon.

The real reason is that I never reconciled the problems I had with my parents and I'm afraid I'd sink untold thousands of dollars and hours into raising someone who would eventually grow up to resent me.
Old 07-17-2011 at 01:29 PM   #84
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

My family always jokes about how my sister got better genes because my parents were young when they had her (my mom was 24, dad 26), while my brother and I were born when my parents were much older (38 and 41 for my mom, 40 and 43 for my dad) so we got better parents. True 40 is really getting up there and I think it's too old, but 30 I think is around perfect for kids. Old enough to know better, but young enough to be there and have energy.