MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-28-2013 at 08:16 PM   #1
Briere

Liked: 2 Times

Go Bus Help !
Hello, tomorrow I will be taking the viarail train to aldershot and plain to go to mcmaster but have no clue what time the bus leaves to mcmaster. I tried looking on the site but I am can't seem to find it.

I will be arriving around 12pm at aldershot. Can someone please supply a link with the times for tomorrows buses?

Any help would be great
Old 04-28-2013 at 08:21 PM   #2
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

if you're talking about the toronto train, that gets there at about 11:47, not 12, and the bus leaves at 11:57ish.
Old 04-28-2013 at 08:34 PM   #3
science002

Liked: 4 Times

hey if you can't find it on their website, you should call them up and ask for when the train/bus is scheduled and can ask them to help you find it on their website as well
Old 04-28-2013 at 08:45 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Honestly, google maps has been deadly accurate for any GO transit information. Have you tried it?
Old 04-28-2013 at 08:49 PM   #5
Briere

it says it takes 45 minutes where I know it doesn't :S

https://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...:30PM&dirflg=r
Old 04-28-2013 at 08:57 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...&p age=1&new=

The buses leave from Aldershot every hour on the :57 at that time of day.

Also, the google maps timing takes into account waiting for the buses to come...so it depends what time you tell it to start vs what time the bus comes. Also, not all of the routes it gives are GO, some are municipal buses.
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:19 PM   #7
Briere

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...&p age=1&new=

The buses leave from Aldershot every hour on the :57 at that time of day.

Also, the google maps timing takes into account waiting for the buses to come...so it depends what time you tell it to start vs what time the bus comes. Also, not all of the routes it gives are GO, some are municipal buses.
So what time does the train from aldershot leave to mcmaster?
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:21 PM   #8
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briere View Post
So what time does the train from aldershot leave to mcmaster?
There is no train from aldershot to mcmaster. There are buses, and I told you the times in my previous post, along with a link to the schedule.
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:22 PM   #9
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
it says it takes 45 minutes where I know it doesn't :S

https://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...:30PM&dirflg=r
~15 minute bus ride, ~5-10 minutes waiting for each bus. That's usually how long it takes me when I'm coming back from Toronto at odd hours after the lakeshore west. How long does it take on your magical bus? :O
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:26 PM   #10
Briere

I meant bus. But there isn't one BUS from aldershot to mcmaster like there is from mcmaster to aldershot?

it says the bus leaves at 1248 correct from aldershot to mcmaster?
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:30 PM   #11
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
I meant bus. But there isn't one BUS from aldershot to mcmaster like there is from mcmaster to aldershot?

it says the bus leaves at 1248 correct from aldershot to mcmaster?
Yes, there is a bus from aldershot to mcmaster.

No, it does not leave at 12:48, if you look at the colour coding on the schedule you'll see that that indicates the time that the westbound train arrives at altershot from union. Yellow is for buses, and as several people have said now, it leaves at 12:57.
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:31 PM   #12
Briere

okay thank you for helping a very confused student
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:44 PM   #13
starfish
Elite Member

Lol it's really not that complicated...When I was in high school I used to tell my mom I didn't want to use it because it was too complicated and I'd get lost. And she told me that if my grandmother could figure it out without the internet and without speaking a word of English, then why can't I figure it out with the help of both of those?

And then I actually gave it a try, and she was right. It was easy.

sarahsullz likes this.