MacInsiders Logo

GO Bus to Mac

Old 08-06-2009 at 09:20 PM   #1
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

GO Bus to Mac
Hey guys! I was wondering if someone who takes the bus from Toronto (Union) to Hamilton can tell me how it works I looked at the schedules and everything, but to be honest, I don;t really get it, with all the transfers and such I even called the main office to help me out with directions and bus numbers and such, but it was pretty useless too :(. Also, where exactly is the GP bus terminal at Union Thanks a bunch, ahead of time!
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:25 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Hey guys! I was wondering if someone who takes the bus from Toronto (Union) to Hamilton can tell me how it works I looked at the schedules and everything, but to be honest, I don;t really get it, with all the transfers and such I even called the main office to help me out with directions and bus numbers and such, but it was pretty useless too :(. Also, where exactly is the GP bus terminal at Union Thanks a bunch, ahead of time!
You can take the QEW express to Hamilton. It's one bus, you stop at Colombia College (The stop when you exit the highway) and you can walk to campus (15 minutes) or you can hop on the HSR. The bus turns right off the highway and then stops, you'll have to walk left of the highway.

Edit: I changed McMaster to Hamilton because it doesn't really stop at McMaster.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:29 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Oooh, so is it straight? And what about the Lakeshore one? And which one goes to the GO bus stop at Mac, since I really don't want to get lost :(
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:33 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Oooh, so is it straight? And what about the Lakeshore one? And which one goes to the GO bus stop at Mac, since I really don't want to get lost :(
Depending on the day and time (although I heard they upped the Hamilton GO Station service), you take the Train to Aldershot (or Hamilton) and then take the bus that goes to McMaster. I can't remember the bus number though as I've only taken it once. Since we have free HSR I usually just take the QEW both ways, it's the same cost and about the same amount of time.

Edit: There is no bus that goes from Hamilton GO Station to McMaster. I forgot about that. But there is one from Aldershot Station to McMaster.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:36 PM   #5
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Can you take the Go Bus from Union to Sq1? There's a direct and even an express bus that goes from Sq1 to Mac. Also, the Union Bus is a 22 second walk away from the Mac bus at the terminal in square one.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to ferreinm for this post.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:37 PM   #6
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Here are the links to the bus #16 schedules:
From Union to Hamilton
http://gotransit.ca/publicroot/en/sc...&p age=1&new=
As Jeremy said, you can get down at Columbia College (Main and Longwood intersection) and walk west to Mac (20 minute walk).

From Mac to Union:
For going back to Union, you can catch the go bus from King/Dundurn intesection. I don't think its a walking distance so can take the hsr bus from the campus (take any one of 1A, 5, 5C). You can always ask the hsr driver to let you off at king/dundurn.

Last edited by saukalra : 08-06-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:37 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Depending on the day and time (although I heard they upped the Hamilton GO Station service), you take the Train to Aldershot (or Hamilton) and then take the bus that goes to McMaster. I can't remember the bus number though as I've only taken it once. Since we have free HSR I usually just take the QEW both ways, it's the same cost and about the same amount of time.

Edit: There is no bus that goes from Hamilton GO Station to McMaster. I forgot about that. But there is one from Aldershot Station to McMaster.
Thanks a lot! Hopefully I don't get lost tomorrow >.< XD
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:43 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
From Mac to Union:
For going back to Union, you can catch the go bus from King/Dundurn intesection. I don't think its a walking distance so can take the hsr bus from the campus (take any one of 1A, 5, 5C, 10). You can always ask the hsr driver to let you off at king/dundurn.
You can also take the HSR to the GO Station and get on the QEW express from there. It's the first stop and the compartments will be open if you need to put luggage in.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:48 PM   #9
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You can also take the HSR to the GO Station and get on the QEW express from there. It's the first stop and the compartments will be open if you need to put luggage in.
I don't think the direct bus from mac to Hamilton GO (#52) runs during the summer.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:50 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I don't think the direct bus from mac to Hamilton GO (#52) runs during the summer.
You don't have to go directly to the Station, you can get off at McNabb or James and walk from there. It's like a 5-10minute walk.
Old 08-06-2009 at 09:52 PM   #11
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Well, she can still take the 5C/1A to Hughson St (Ask the driver to call out the stop), walk down the street like two blocks, and she's at Hamilton GO.
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:15 PM   #12
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

Hey;
you can take the bus from union to hamilton go.. and then from hamilton go, take the mcmaster go bus.. it shouldn't charge you extra, and you end up using the same monthly pass that you payed for..
they normally arrive at the same time.. you can even take the GO train from union, and get off at burlington.. and then from there, take the mcmaster GO bus from there.. this is a connecting ride, so you'll get off at burlington, wait for 3-4 minutes, and then catch the Mcmaster Go bus..

~*Sara*~ says thanks to pinkshuniza for this post.
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:35 PM   #13
shurlee

Liked: 3 Times

Hi,
I live near the Streetsville GO, and I was wondering if I could take that straight to mac? or is the GO at square one the only option for me?
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:36 PM   #14
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

To mac.. you'd have to take the one from Square one or Oakville Go if you can get there..
Old 08-06-2009 at 10:37 PM   #15
shurlee

Liked: 3 Times

Oh okay, thanks