Tim Hortons Raises Prices Chad MacInsiders Announcements 30 09-04-2009 03:03 PM
Notebook prices question Afzal General Discussion 19 08-09-2009 04:37 PM
Oil Prices J-Met Politics 7 06-20-2008 10:03 PM

GO transit prices

Old 08-27-2008 at 10:02 AM   #1
[email protected]

Liked: 0 Times

GO transit prices
i was wondering how much of a discount we're gonna get with the transit ID card that we applied for.

how much (estimation) would it cost for a monthly pass? a 10-ride ticket?

thanks in advance, hopefully the discount will help me out.

oh, and where do we pick it up (exact location)?
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:15 AM   #2
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

If you applied though MUGSI under the "My Non-academic Services section" you can pick it up at the Compass Information Centre beginning the Thursday after you applied. Bring your Mac Student ID card too for identification.

http://act.mcmaster.ca/transit/GO%20Transit.htm

If you are in co-op (or can't use the online method), you can either mail the paper work to Union Station, drop off the papers at your local GO station (and they mail it for you) to which you'll come back in a couple weeks to pick up your card or you can go to Union to have it made there.

Typically you are looking at a 10%-30% discount. This depends on whether you buy 10-rides or monthlies... and where you're going!

As for estimations... go here:
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...s/fndfare.aspx
Put in your location and look at the student prices (and compare that with adult fares for your 'discount')...

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Ivan Q. : 08-27-2008 at 10:18 AM.

[email protected] says thanks to Ivan Q. for this post.
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:18 AM   #3
[email protected]

thanks a lot.

i'm actualy going to be commuting to Mac every morning -__-.

does anyone from mississauga know how much it cost you guys for a monthly/10-ride tickets?

and is there any other cheaper way to get there every morning aside from living on res. or driving there myself?
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:24 AM   #4
Ivan Q.

No problem...

Mississauga Square One to Mac on the York U. bus is
$60 for 10 ride... and $177 for monthly.
It's a long 50-60 minute bus ride for me during the summer. I'm not sure how bad it might get during the school year =/

But I think there is an express bus that's only Square One to Mac... but I don't get on that one b/c I need to get downtown... it should be the same price though =)
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:26 AM   #5
[email protected]

is this 177$ WITH the discount? wow.

thanks again ivan.
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:31 AM   #6
Ivan Q.

Yes... with discount =)

... with out, it's $67 for 10-ride & $238 monthly (adult fare)
Old 09-11-2008 at 08:47 PM   #7
rikin25

It actually takes 40 mins from square one
but thats not a lot since i commute from Brampton everyday and it takes 30 extra minutes lol
also, with the student discount, i pay $216, without it'll be $293
so commuting from Square One is much better and also possible for ppl who can get to square one easily.
And always try to get the express bus and btw there are a lot of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Q. View Post
No problem...

Mississauga Square One to Mac on the York U. bus is
$60 for 10 ride... and $177 for monthly.
It's a long 50-60 minute bus ride for me during the summer. I'm not sure how bad it might get during the school year =/

But I think there is an express bus that's only Square One to Mac... but I don't get on that one b/c I need to get downtown... it should be the same price though =)
Old 09-12-2008 at 06:59 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i was wondering how much of a discount we're gonna get with the transit ID card that we applied for.

how much (estimation) would it cost for a monthly pass? a 10-ride ticket?

thanks in advance, hopefully the discount will help me out.

oh, and where do we pick it up (exact location)?
Let me answer this as Internal Coordinator for Compass, and having worked for a year as a CSR at Compass.

The GO Student ID offers 10-30% discount on student monthly and ten-ride passes; the exact amount of a discount you get varies on where you are going to from McMaster (or vice versa).

Pickup:
All pick up of the GO Student ID card is at Compass from now onwards. It used to be at the ACT office during the day, and Compass at night, but that was only in effect until the 12th (today).

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement