MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upper Year Commerce Students - Commerce 1st year report CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 03-13-2011 07:46 PM
1st year business math needed? jcbr100 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-10-2010 11:26 PM
Can I take 1st year courses during my 2nd year? Mepper Academics 5 06-29-2010 09:29 PM
1st Year Textbooks Needed! tiger Academics 11 09-15-2009 02:05 PM

Going into 1st year Commerce- needed help regarding courses

Old 07-01-2016 at 04:04 PM   #16
Business25

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan L View Post
How did you successfully register for your electives? When I tried to register for POL SCI 1AA3 or any other electives, all I got was the Error: Available seats are reserved and you do not meet the reserve capacity criteria.
Hi,

It depends on the elective(s). If you're getting that error, that means that you cannot take that elective at that time because all of the remaining seats are reserved for those that require that course. So, you have to try another time for those electives. If all the times are showing that error, then that means you can't take the elective since all of the remaining seats in all times are reserved for those that require course. In that case, you will need to choose different electives (that have seats available to those that don't require the course, such as you).
Old 07-02-2016 at 06:23 PM   #17
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan L View Post
How did you successfully register for your electives? When I tried to register for POL SCI 1AA3 or any other electives, all I got was the Error: Available seats are reserved and you do not meet the reserve capacity criteria.
You will need to wait until open enrolment begins, which I believe begins on July 4. If you're still having problems on July 4 then email whatever department is in charge of that course.
Old 07-02-2016 at 11:35 PM   #18
Business25

Liked: 0 Times

Can you explain what the difference between the current enrollment (enrollment by appointment) and open enrollment is?

I imagine if courses are full or reserved right now, they would still be full or reserved on open enrollment (whatever that means) on July 4th.
Old 07-03-2016 at 10:43 AM   #19
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business25 View Post
Can you explain what the difference between the current enrollment (enrollment by appointment) and open enrollment is?

I imagine if courses are full or reserved right now, they would still be full or reserved on open enrollment (whatever that means) on July 4th.
No, eventually, reserved seats are made available to everyone (though they might not ALL be available on July 4). At least with Mosaic it tells you whether a course is actually full - before, it would show as "full" even if there were available seats reserved for students in other programs.
Also, even if a course is genuinely full, people switch around their courses all the time all the way up until September. You just have to keep trying.