MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AGH: First Fridays Free Admission Chad MacInsiders Announcements 16 02-09-2011 06:30 PM
Good Bye Pirate Bay Juve General Discussion 16 11-27-2010 11:20 PM
mondays/fridays off nick First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 03-15-2010 02:15 PM
Anyone good with MS Access? kokosas General Discussion 4 07-27-2009 10:27 AM

Is it good to take fridays off?

Old 08-09-2011 at 09:56 PM   #1
melyssa

Liked: 0 Times

Is it good to take fridays off?
Hello so I just got my timetable and I sadly wake up at 830 on friday and I have a lab and my latest class is at 430 and ends at 530. is this ok? bc i heard party nights are on thurs (incase I do party I dont want to have to wake up early!) Just want to here your opinions or if i should just suck it up.. bc i like every other day of my week! let me know.

I know I probably wont be able to take all of friday off but at least wake up later and leave from mac earlier, so I can get home for the weekend!
Old 08-09-2011 at 09:59 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyssa View Post
Hello so I just got my timetable and I sadly wake up at 830 on friday and I have a lab and my latest class is at 430 and ends at 530. is this ok? bc i heard party nights are on thurs (incase I do party I dont want to have to wake up early!) Just want to here your opinions or if i should just suck it up.. bc i like every other day of my week! let me know
There are parties on Friday too :\ I believe Thursdays is McMaster women are free at Taphouse, but other than that there are parties Friday and Sunday. There can be parties everyday to be honest. I remember having a party on a Wednesday once.

blue41, DMe3 like this.
Old 08-09-2011 at 10:35 PM   #3
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

5:30 is not a bad time and if you live on res, you probably won't go home every weekend anyway. If you can take Fridays off, go for it but I wouldn't recommend doing so for the partying. it is important to first figure out the best sort of set up or 'timetable' that you can learn with. You can always schedule a party in but academics are a lot more unchanging. I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy yourself. By all means, a balanced life is important and healthy. But focusing on your academic style first will be a lot more beneficial in the long term.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-09-2011 at 10:48 PM   #4
Flash AhhAhh

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyssa View Post
Hello so I just got my timetable and I sadly wake up at 830 on friday and I have a lab and my latest class is at 430 and ends at 530.
Don't skip labs!! You'll miss out on lots of marks, and depending on the course missing more than one can really mess up your success in the course. If you feel like an early Friday lab might be hard to get up and go to try switching it to another day/time slot.
Old 08-09-2011 at 10:51 PM   #5
Rath
Account Locked

Liked: 18 Times

Fridays are pretty chill on campus. Like, 50% less people around. I enjoy them

IqzFendi, Moghue like this.
Old 08-10-2011 at 05:25 AM   #6
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

Thursdays are club nights at 1280 (the campus pub/club), which are usually packed and can be a pretty good time, especially if you're in first year. I personally like to have fridays off for school and party reasons :p. Also, no matter what the day i personally find 8.30 classes to be the worst, after first year i found that i can't wake up for any class before 11.30, but maybe thats just me haha use ur own judgement and im sure ull make a good decision
Old 08-10-2011 at 06:34 AM   #7
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Why not jus change your cores and tutorials to a later time of day, or earlier day in the week?
Old 08-10-2011 at 05:10 PM   #8
sagarnl

Liked: 1 Time

Take it off so you can party
Old 08-14-2011 at 09:01 PM   #9
melyssa

Liked: 0 Times

i have tried switching my early class and late one, but my classes are all full.. so i couldnt or else I would have changed it! and I thank you for the advice I know it is going to be hard !
Old 08-14-2011 at 11:08 PM   #10
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayiri View Post
Thursdays are club nights at 1280 (the campus pub/club)
1280 is definitely not the campus. That title belongs to Phoenix.

@OP: yes thursday nights are party nights, but its not like you're going to be going out every thursday night. and its true that there are parties every day. so just suck it up and live with it.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences