MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bio prelab quiz help cjdzl Academics 4 10-06-2010 07:05 AM
Quiz on avenue Juve General Discussion 11 09-23-2010 06:41 PM
Chem 1A03 - Quiz #0 pink_cupcake Academics 3 09-13-2009 08:32 AM
Safety Quiz p_vun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-11-2009 03:26 PM
back to back classes? mandee08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 36 08-20-2009 11:59 PM

Got back my first quiz. How bad did I do?

Old 10-10-2010 at 12:35 AM   #46
adt92

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
It's just a quiz man and 76 is a 9. Sounds sweet! Don't sweat it I have done worse, Just keep doing your best is what matters, it will produce results eventually.
thanks, so how do the scores work? they are of 12 right?
Old 10-10-2010 at 12:39 AM   #47
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adt92 View Post
thanks, so how do the scores work? they are of 12 right?
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...ent/pg145.html

Check it out!

adt92 says thanks to mcmastergcdb for this post.
Old 10-10-2010 at 12:53 AM   #48
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Okay, I've read the entire thing and I don't really see why Alchemist11's posts are causing such a massive problem. Calling all other programs "lolsy" is similar to saying "all other food other than pizza is weird". It's a vague term and it's not a powerful argument because...the person isn't making an essay out of it.
He just vocalised his stance on something and he has every right to do that. It's not him demonstrating a need for "outside help", whatever that's supposed to mean.
And while I agree that all programs are equally challenging to their students, I have a special mad respect for Engineers.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-10-2010 at 12:55 AM   #49
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
I'm not calling engineering hard, I'm calling every other program in University easy.

You haven't been in a non-engineering program, it's just lolsy.
I agree- especially with first year, which is a joke to anyone who comes from a moderate high school education.

Never took first year anthropology, but I imagine the first MC quiz would be what... common sense? Ok, common sense + a few definitions people like to give for common sense. But congrats, you're above average, I'm sure you'll do fine... in your program.

Old 10-10-2010 at 01:24 AM   #50
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
First test I did in university I got a 0%. The course was first year Math 1Z03 in engineering. Almost had a heartattack when I saw my mark lol. I was like for a couple minutes. Turned out I forgot to fill in the bubble for my version number so I got that changed and got my 'real' mark back which still sucked but still a lot better than 0%. It was one hell of a way to start off university lol.
This made me LOL so much, and then hope I filled out my 1ZA3 right :/
Old 10-10-2010 at 01:30 AM   #51
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
People need to stop giving engineering such a furious hand job. It hasn't been particularly hard. First-year was kind of bad, but that's more due to weak points and the fact that they're trying to weed people out. The only "hard" part is that they like to pile assignments up, and fast.
I agree. The work isn't that hard, it's just about keeping up with assignments and not screaming when CAPA decides to kill you =.-

Then again I might change my mind after mids
Old 10-10-2010 at 01:43 AM   #52
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
replying with walls of text wont solve your issues, bro
u need to either face them or get some outside help.
Haha, he actually made excellent points, good sir. However, your responses are typical of someone who can't use their brain to come up with valid retorts. So the next time you start blindly accusing someone of having "obvious issues at home" and that's why they're "taking it out on everyone here", remember that comments like these hurt your cred and belittle whatever argument/discussion you were making in the first place.
Old 10-10-2010 at 02:07 AM   #53
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Hmm, do you have anthro 1z03? lololol coz there was a quiz on friday and i'm so bad donkey that i skipped it. just gotta ace the next one and i'm good.

you see, we originally had 3 quizzes planned. the prof said that if you don't do the first one, the next two will just be worth more. and so, i figured, being that the quizzes are not cumulative, i should just do one of them...do the last one. and ill be set. i have better things to do in the meantime (like math).
Old 10-10-2010 at 03:45 AM   #54
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

Old 10-10-2010 at 10:46 AM   #55
adt92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parminder S View Post
Haha, he actually made excellent points, good sir. However, your responses are typical of someone who can't use their brain to come up with valid retorts. So the next time you start blindly accusing someone of having "obvious issues at home" and that's why they're "taking it out on everyone here", remember that comments like these hurt your cred and belittle whatever argument/discussion you were making in the first place.
"I know first years have some ridiculous questions, but c'mon dawg, I've never heard anyone ask something so trivial before. "
so is that^ a good point? Im just trying to get some info on how marks usually change from HS to uni and this guy comes in to bash my topic, bro.
pro tip: if he doesn't like first year question he can stay out of the first year forum. he comes in with his

Old 10-10-2010 at 10:53 AM   #56
adt92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Hmm, do you have anthro 1z03? lololol coz there was a quiz on friday and i'm so bad donkey that i skipped it. just gotta ace the next one and i'm good.

you see, we originally had 3 quizzes planned. the prof said that if you don't do the first one, the next two will just be worth more. and so, i figured, being that the quizzes are not cumulative, i should just do one of them...do the last one. and ill be set. i have better things to do in the meantime (like math).
yea its 1z03. which math are you taking? math 1a03?
Old 10-10-2010 at 11:19 AM   #57
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
"I know first years have some ridiculous questions, but c'mon dawg, I've never heard anyone ask something so trivial before. "
so is that^ a good point? Im just trying to get some info on how marks usually change from HS to uni and this guy comes in to bash my topic, bro.
pro tip: if he doesn't like first year question he can stay out of the first year forum. he comes in with his

Quote:
Unless you're in engineering, the marks don't really change going from HS to first year EXCEPT on essays.
Quote:
Not to mention, your first "quiz" doesn't really count - your first real marks will be your first few midterms (which will also likely be stupidly easy because you're in first year).
I wasn't "bashing" anything, I answered your freakin' question with two different (but valid) points.

And yes, it is a good point, because I was once a first year too, and I wouldn't have EVER thought of asking something as stupid as this question.

But you know, your point of "obvious issues ... taking it out on everyone here LMAO" conveys a much higher degree of thought than everything I've stated...

Oh, and if you REALLY think 9 lines separated into 4 paragraphs is a "wall of text" then I swear to God you will fail university. So stop ****ing complaining.
Old 10-10-2010 at 11:38 AM   #58
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
I wasn't "bashing" anything, I answered your freakin' question with two different (but valid) points.

And yes, it is a good point, because I was once a first year too, and I wouldn't have EVER thought of asking something as stupid as this question.

But you know, your point of "obvious issues ... taking it out on everyone here LMAO" conveys a much higher degree of thought than everything I've stated...

Oh, and if you REALLY think 9 lines separated into 4 paragraphs is a "wall of text" then I swear to God you will fail university. So stop ****ing complaining.
How dare you not spoonfeed this child. Stop trolling.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-10-2010 at 12:08 PM   #59
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I don't know anything about anthropology, so you did better than I would do.
If you managed to complete said quiz on avenue, then congradulations, because I couldn't do my first quiz...
I hope that helps.
Old 10-10-2010 at 01:44 PM   #60
adt92

Quote:

u mad bro?