08-03-2010
Published by
Rigid Member

Author review
Overall Drink Rating
60%60%60%
Average 60%
Guinness Draught

Comes in a 440ml can with the little nitro widget inside. Poured into a Guinness pint glass, you get the usual fireworks as the nitrogen bubbles slowly work their way to the top, leaving that classic Guinness head. Taste is mainly of bitter roasted malt, with a finish that borders on sour, complemented by the creamy head - which, in my opinion, is the best part of this beer. Actually, I find the overall flavour a bit, well... thin. I can see how someone who mainly drinks 4-5% lagers would consider this a "meal in a glass", but if you're into big, flavourful stouts, you'll probably be disappointed.

Overall, not a BAD beer, but as far as stouts go, one could do a lot better. Canned version not as good as on tap.

Member rating
Overall Drink Rating
70%70%70%
2 users rated 70% average

Notice: The information on this page is for information purposes only. Please drink responsibly.
Click here to add your own review for Guinness Draught!

Old 08-12-2010 at 09:47 PM   #2
Schr0d1ng3r
Program: Engineering Physics
Year: Second
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 0 Times
On tap is definitely the way to go when you can, but the draught can is an entirely reasonable substitute. Just avoid the extra stout bottles - not at all worth the cost and does the Guinness name a disservice.
Old 09-13-2011 at 12:19 PM   #3
ritsma
Program: Materials Science & Engineering

If youre into darker beers, try waterloo dark. Its delish
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 11-22-2011 at 07:31 AM   #4
Roger

Hi!
I am very new to join this forum. This is a very good place that people can share their ideas and information. Your post is very nice. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-05-2012 at 08:58 AM   #5
paulcattle
Year: First

it's pretty thick
  Deleted Post Deleted Post

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search