Guitar lessons **jewel 03** Music 48 01-10-2010 03:07 PM
Guitar Amps lawleypop General Discussion 9 11-14-2009 09:05 PM
unlock Guitar Hero II marauderlove General Discussion 0 05-01-2008 03:17 PM

Guitar Discussion

Old 09-11-2009 at 11:26 PM   #16
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

By the way, here's some guitar p*rn courtesy of a friend. These can buy a house...

Last edited by VastHorizon : 09-11-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2009 at 12:28 AM   #17
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
By the way, here's some guitar p*rn courtesy of a friend. These can buy a house...
Nais...just msg me/post in the thread if you wanna jam, teach me sometime.
Old 09-12-2009 at 04:28 AM   #18
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Here's an awesome guitar solo I'd just die if I ever learned to play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Man, that rocks hard.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 09-22-2009 at 10:30 AM   #19
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Wow VastHorizon, very nice collection ya had going there

If any of you would like to jam sometime or learn, im up for it.

I just have a Epi SG Standard. In the process of changing the pick ups though. Getting a single coil P-90 in the neck and Seymor DUncan Pearly Gates at the neck hoping it turns out well.
As for amp, just have a 75 watt traynor amp

My music genre is all over the place. Into Hard Rock , ac/dc gnr etc, as well as Zepplin, and chilli peppers. and not sure how many are into this but turning them hip-hop songs to play them on guitar like this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9wNAj2NToI

check out my band if you guys are bored --> http://www.myspace.com/twsstheband
Old 09-22-2009 at 11:43 AM   #20
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Wow VastHorizon, very nice collection ya had going there

If any of you would like to jam sometime or learn, im up for it.

I just have a Epi SG Standard. In the process of changing the pick ups though. Getting a single coil P-90 in the neck and Seymor DUncan Pearly Gates at the neck hoping it turns out well.
As for amp, just have a 75 watt traynor amp

My music genre is all over the place. Into Hard Rock , ac/dc gnr etc, as well as Zepplin, and chilli peppers. and not sure how many are into this but turning them hip-hop songs to play them on guitar like this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9wNAj2NToI
Awesome! Just a few questions regarding the SG. If I remember correctly, the Epi SG Standard features the same batwing pickguard as the Gibson? Then the pickguard has holes for Humbuckers only. Are you going to get a new pickguard cut or are you getting a humbucker sized P-90? Cool choice of combination too! SD Pearly Gates are one of the best and most popular models that Seymour Duncan is selling. As for the P90, what brand do you have in mind? P90's are very versatile and are one of the hidden secrets of the ultimate guitar-tone.

Is your Traynor amp a tube amp? What model is it?

If you want, we can get together sometime and jam. Send me a PM if you want.
Old 09-22-2009 at 03:19 PM   #21
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Awesome! Just a few questions regarding the SG. If I remember correctly, the Epi SG Standard features the same batwing pickguard as the Gibson? Then the pickguard has holes for Humbuckers only. Are you going to get a new pickguard cut or are you getting a humbucker sized P-90? Cool choice of combination too! SD Pearly Gates are one of the best and most popular models that Seymour Duncan is selling. As for the P90, what brand do you have in mind? P90's are very versatile and are one of the hidden secrets of the ultimate guitar-tone.

If you want, we can get together sometime and jam. Send me a PM if you want.
Yup, you know ur stuff .

I took the easy way out and ordered a humber sized P-90. I went for the Seymor Duncan Phat Cat -->http://www.seymourduncan.com /produ...h901_phat_cat/

Just felt like adding in something different.

The traynor is solidstate sadly :(. DG60R, i believe the model on it.
Trying to get my hands on a used/cheap tube amp though.

As of now my amp is in repair, managed to get white smoke out ot it :\. and i live off campus so might be a lil hard to get a jam in right away. But will give it a try.
Old 09-22-2009 at 03:21 PM   #22
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I got to Grade 7 or 8 in RCM guitar but then University came around and now I don't remember anything :/
Old 09-22-2009 at 04:07 PM   #23
EngLufLuf

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:

WOOOW u r like talking chinese to me

I've once tried to learn guitar by myself but I got kind of stuck in not knowing what to do next after learning the basics.... got any tips for beginners?
Old 09-22-2009 at 04:14 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngLufLuf View Post

I've once tried to learn guitar by myself but I got kind of stuck in not knowing what to do next after learning the basics.... got any tips for beginners?
I'm actually trying to learn guitar too. I'm not really learning the chords or anything. I just look up tabs and youtube the song to make sure I have the rhythm down.

Not sure if this will work for every song but I'm pretty much done learning Blackbird by The Beatles. I just have to get it up to speed.
Old 09-22-2009 at 04:28 PM   #25
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I'm actually trying to learn guitar too. I'm not really learning the chords or anything. I just look up tabs and youtube the song to make sure I have the rhythm down.

Not sure if this will work for every song but I'm pretty much done learning Blackbird by The Beatles. I just have to get it up to speed.
I am a beginner too though I really just playing and singing songs with easy chords ... just a very relaxing thing to do. I'm working on Blackbird right now also. I'm going to start formal lessons when I get my osap though.
Old 09-22-2009 at 07:03 PM   #26
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Yup, you know ur stuff .

I took the easy way out and ordered a humber sized P-90. I went for the Seymor Duncan Phat Cat -->http://www.seymourduncan.com /produ...h901_phat_cat/

Just felt like adding in something different.

The traynor is solidstate sadly :(. DG60R, i believe the model on it.
Trying to get my hands on a used/cheap tube amp though.

As of now my amp is in repair, managed to get white smoke out ot it :\. and i live off campus so might be a lil hard to get a jam in right away. But will give it a try.
Man, I have heard some good reviews about the Phat Cat. That will be a good upgrade from the stock Epiphone humbuckers. Of course, P-90's have way more balls.

Next time you are buying gear, buy used. There are a lot of great deals out there on used Peaveys and Traynors. Just be sure to check the guts when you do.

If you want way better tone for a really cheap price, upgrade your electronics. Change your wiring, potentiometers, capacitors, etc. You will notice a BIG difference.
Old 09-22-2009 at 07:12 PM   #27
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
I got to Grade 7 or 8 in RCM guitar but then University came around and now I don't remember anything :/
Why don't you give it a second try? It'll be worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngLufLuf View Post

Hmm. Tips? It really depends on what you are aiming for. If you want to play just for fun, just learn the basic chords and ways to work around them.

What amazes me is that there are a lot of great lead players who can't keep time in rhythm to save their lives. One must learn how to keep proper time and accent in guitar playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
I am a beginner too though I really just playing and singing songs with easy chords ... just a very relaxing thing to do. I'm working on Blackbird right now also. I'm going to start formal lessons when I get my osap though.
Old 09-22-2009 at 07:22 PM   #28
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
I love you.

I've got my grade 6 classical guitar. Been meaning on working on my 8. Have to get the book though.

I'd love to hear you play some time, if you ever get back into it.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-22-2009 at 07:26 PM   #29
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
Blackbird was the first ever "real" song I learnt. I also played it at my first recital! xD I was 11. ^_^

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-22-2009 at 07:34 PM   #30
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

whos up for a jam one of these weekends?around the university of course/