MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women MFNSA MacInsiders Announcements 7 11-28-2010 11:53 PM

Gun Violence

Old 07-04-2012 at 09:14 AM   #16
maay29

Liked: 3 Times

Its all about quality upbringing, family life- things that support and makes these things possible need to be there and have quality. Ensuring that people from a young age are given a good education, don't live with the affects of poverty, as that tends to increase violence significantly. The government needs to definately increase primary education quality, as well as healthcare needs to be subsidized. Have strong communities, with extra curricular like sports for every child. I mean we are talking about America here, the richest nation in the world (I am referring to their productivity, per capita income- ignoring their tremendous debt). They have not managed their money well unfortunately. It is surprising to hear of the weird things that go on in America. They should stop meddling with other countries and focus on their own, that will do them a lot of good.

Also, family life, education for the parents on making their businesses improved, better managing their finances if they are self-employed. How to make the most out of what they have. To raise their children in poverty- how to do this? A lot of families in poverty go though all sorts of health, psychological, financial issues and problems. Government can step in to help out by ot just giving money, food, clothing, health care, etc but having institutions- like a sports centre, libraries, after school classes that help with homework..

Specifically about the gun violence -why have a gun to begin with? Why does one feel the need for it? To feel secure? Is there not a good judicial system in that specific society, region that ensures their security? But then there are people who have guns, and are violent, and in order to live in that area I would need a gun to support and feel secure- so if ever I need protection I have it. There are many factors involved. There are different reasons why people have guns, and then use them. Each needs a different approach to improving the violence in that particular community.
Old 07-04-2012 at 11:29 AM   #17
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maay29 View Post
Its all about quality upbringing, family life- things that support and makes these things possible need to be there and have quality. Ensuring that people from a young age are given a good education, don't live with the affects of poverty, as that tends to increase violence significantly. The government needs to definately increase primary education quality, as well as healthcare needs to be subsidized. Have strong communities, with extra curricular like sports for every child. I mean we are talking about America here, the richest nation in the world (I am referring to their productivity, per capita income- ignoring their tremendous debt). They have not managed their money well unfortunately. It is surprising to hear of the weird things that go on in America. They should stop meddling with other countries and focus on their own, that will do them a lot of good.

Also, family life, education for the parents on making their businesses improved, better managing their finances if they are self-employed. How to make the most out of what they have. To raise their children in poverty- how to do this? A lot of families in poverty go though all sorts of health, psychological, financial issues and problems. Government can step in to help out by ot just giving money, food, clothing, health care, etc but having institutions- like a sports centre, libraries, after school classes that help with homework..

Specifically about the gun violence -why have a gun to begin with? Why does one feel the need for it? To feel secure? Is there not a good judicial system in that specific society, region that ensures their security? But then there are people who have guns, and are violent, and in order to live in that area I would need a gun to support and feel secure- so if ever I need protection I have it. There are many factors involved. There are different reasons why people have guns, and then use them. Each needs a different approach to improving the violence in that particular community.
I really dont see the point being made, my head is just spinning in circles trying to find what your point of emphasis is... no guns, but you would have a gun to feel secure... ques que cest
Old 07-05-2012 at 07:34 AM   #18
maay29

Well I am trying to say that there are some places in the world where you need guns, that's a fact. You'd be a fool to not be without one, well sort of. Like the tribal regions in some countries where they have a lot of tribal warfare. So the environment/society establishes the need for the gun. Same with some places in America instead of tribal it's gang warfare, or some sort of group. Then in order for you to live in such an environment individuals get guns, legally or illegally. So if you change the very reason of the need for a gun, the hostile environment (as I mentioned above). Then it would not be as violent. And it would result in less guns, because people would not feel the need to have one.
Because as we all know that banning guns is not the best solution, as people will find other (illegal) ways of getting them.
Old 07-05-2012 at 03:07 PM   #19
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by maay29 View Post
Well I am trying to say that there are some places in the world where you need guns, that's a fact. You'd be a fool to not be without one, well sort of. Like the tribal regions in some countries where they have a lot of tribal warfare. So the environment/society establishes the need for the gun. Same with some places in America instead of tribal it's gang warfare, or some sort of group. Then in order for you to live in such an environment individuals get guns, legally or illegally. So if you change the very reason of the need for a gun, the hostile environment (as I mentioned above). Then it would not be as violent. And it would result in less guns, because people would not feel the need to have one.
Because as we all know that banning guns is not the best solution, as people will find other (illegal) ways of getting them.
From the sounds of it, if things were left up to you, everyone would be walking around with a magnum.
There is a reason I choose to live in Canada, and not the streets of Brooklyn
Old 07-10-2012 at 06:16 PM   #20
maay29

I completely disagree. If things were left to me there would be a reduction in the need for guns Its the environment that pushes the need for one. Canada is a whole other issue. We were talking about countries that have guns, and because of that they have increased violence, its a circular issue. But in Canada, there really is no need for one on the whole. You clearly didn't read my posts -_-.

Last edited by maay29 : 07-11-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-11-2012 at 11:42 AM   #21
Chris23
Account Locked

There are guns in every country. There is never the need for a gun. Its not environment that pushes the "need" for a gun, it is the disregard for others safety by people that cause that. Good luck putting a ban on guns, pretty sure the armed forces would be pretty pissed off if they were fighting with sticks. Guns are here to stay whether people like it or not. Sure they are not safe, but they are needed to protect our nations from the threats of other countries that do not value the lives of others. I read your post, I just think its filled with euphoric ideas that are not realizable in the modern world. Sure world peace is a great concept, but it will never be achieved regardless of the efforts of others. There will always be crime, there will always be terrorism. You cant control the thoughts of the world, and there will always be those that wish to watch the world burn to the ground for their personal enjoyment.