MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-08-2009 at 03:15 PM   #1
tig3rang3l

Liked: 0 Times

Gym?
Hey, this is a bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd try anyway.

I just recently got myself a four month pass for the pulse, and was wondering if anyone out there might be in the same boat as me. I'm looking for someone to work out with. I have no clue how to use anything in there except the elliptical machine, and it might be more fun/useful to try them out with someone else. I hate looking foolish by myself

Teresa
Old 05-08-2009 at 03:25 PM   #2
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

I'm not in Hamilton over the summer, but they have personal trainers you can get help from, the rates are really cheap, and if you go with someone else it's even cheaper. Or if you just have a couple questions ask one of the staff on duty and they might be able to help as well
Old 05-08-2009 at 05:39 PM   #3
ericvan1

Liked: 1 Time

Start out using the elliptical machine and watch and see how other people are using the other machines.
Most are fairly easy to figure out, but if you have questions ask someone who works there.

If totally new to the 'workout' scene, definitely talk to some kind of personal trainer or someone who has been working out for awhile.

Also, proper warm-ups and stretching are key to preventing injury and for good workouts.
Old 05-13-2009
liposuction
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-13-2009 at 07:56 AM   #4
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig3rang3l View Post
Hey, this is a bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd try anyway.

I just recently got myself a four month pass for the pulse, and was wondering if anyone out there might be in the same boat as me. I'm looking for someone to work out with. I have no clue how to use anything in there except the elliptical machine, and it might be more fun/useful to try them out with someone else. I hate looking foolish by myself

Teresa
First off, grats on making the right choice
One of the best places I found to visit when I first started working out was www.bodybuilding.com forums (not the main site, as they try to shovel a lot of crap down to those who believe everything they read.) The exercise section and a few others are extremely helpful in not only learning the ropes, but if you want to create a diet or your own workout routine. Only downside is a few subforums (Teen section, and Misc) are filled with mostly guys, and the stereotypes you can imagine are there in full force. They also spill over to other sections t_t

Another useful toolonce I found a routine, I would youtube the exercise name to find out the proper way to perform them. Often people perform exercises badly/incorrectly, and can injure themselves. GL.
This message has been removed by a moderator. .