MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-01-2010 at 12:15 AM   #1
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Haarp
I was watching some clips of the recent earthquake in chile and discovered this rather strange conspiracy.
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/20951...quake_War.html
I havn't researched the topic yet and know very little about the ionosphere and cant really say how feasible it is but it sure is interesting.
Old 03-01-2010 at 01:39 AM   #2
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

/facepalm, there's nothing worse than conspiracy nutjobs
Old 03-01-2010
Souldier
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-01-2010 at 06:33 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

HAARP Light Over Haiti before Earthquake:

Woah! Thats all the proof i need! Its all true..!

J-Met likes this.
Old 03-01-2010 at 06:35 AM   #4
healthsci1
Elite Member

i never said i believed it was true, simply found it interesting.
Old 03-01-2010 at 07:28 AM   #5
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Hahahaha, great laugh...
Old 03-01-2010 at 06:10 PM   #6
sky_xox

Liked: 0 Times

I find it interesting how people automatically disregard conspiracy theories thinking they are all crazy. I think this discourages critical thinking. I think people's theories should all be considered and evaluated before denouncing them crazy...

do you guys have thoughts on other topics like
the proroguing of parliament?
boycotters of the olympic games?
corporate social responsibility?

Check out articles @ www.inquirepublicatio n.com and submit your response and have it published in march's issue. You can pick up feb's issue in Healthsci, MDCL, or student centre to read articles on israel, gender identity, questioning development aid, and see what other students had to say in response to these articles!
Old 03-01-2010 at 07:28 PM   #7
arathbon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_xox View Post
I find it interesting how people automatically disregard conspiracy theories thinking they are all crazy. I think this discourages critical thinking. I think people's theories should all be considered and evaluated before denouncing them crazy...

Check out articles @ www.inquirepublicatio n.com and submit your response and have it published in march's issue. You can pick up feb's issue in Healthsci, MDCL, or student centre to read articles on israel, gender identity, questioning development aid, and see what other students had to say in response to these articles!
Most conspiracy theories are crazy. You read them, try and understand their argument and all it can do is make you laugh. There are some where its not quite as obvious what they missed and then there are some which are just so offensive it makes you angry. And then there's the small 0.01% of conspiracy theories which may actually be real. And then they stop being conspiracy theories.
Old 03-01-2010 at 07:44 PM   #8
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

arathbon, BlakeM, J-Met, moops, Taunton like this.
Old 03-01-2010 at 08:03 PM   #9
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_xox View Post

I think it's sad when people automatically call conspiracy theories crazy and stupid. I personally love to think about things beyond what CNN reports, but that's just me. I find thinking outside the box a lot more rewarding. People need to stop being lazy thinkers, but sadly I think thats what our type of education system creates, our society encourages lazy thinking. Even if you don't believe it, do some research and make your own conclusion. If you're in university you should be able to do that.
Old 03-01-2010 at 08:42 PM   #10
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
I think it's sad when people automatically call conspiracy theories crazy and stupid. I personally love to think about things beyond what CNN reports, but that's just me. I find thinking outside the box a lot more rewarding. People need to stop being lazy thinkers, but sadly I think thats what our type of education system creates, our society encourages lazy thinking. Even if you don't believe it, do some research and make your own conclusion. If you're in university you should be able to do that.
Jesus christ, I'm honestly surprised some of you even remember to breathe. You're living in a fantasy world, thinking there's more to things than there actually is, probably because you're unsatisfied with your boring and mundane life.

Do you believe in:
An alien race of reptiles controlling everything?
That men didn't actually land on the moon?
Any of this HAARP bs?
9/11 was an inside job?
If you said yes to any of the above, sorry, but you are a moron and I'm embarrassed to go to the same university as you.

Last edited by Souldier : 03-01-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2010 at 09:47 PM   #11
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
I agree. I know nothing about HAARP so I'm not even going to comment on it, but I don't think something should be shot down just because it's a "conspiracy theory". Didn't people think Galileo's view of the solar system was like a conspiracy theory (moreso "heresy", but still) and he was forced into house arrest for his beliefs?

(I'm obviously not saying this HAARP thing is the exact same as Galileo, but you get the idea)
Old 03-01-2010 at 10:16 PM   #12
healthsci1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Jesus christ, I'm honestly surprised some of you even remember to breathe. You're living in a fantasy world, thinking there's more to things than there actually is, probably because you're unsatisfied with your boring and mundane life.

Do you believe in:
An alien race of reptiles controlling everything?
That men didn't actually land on the moon?
Any of this HAARP bs?
9/11 was an inside job?
If you said yes to any of the above, sorry, but you are a moron and I'm embarrassed to go to the same university as you.
the level of bigotry in your post is disgusting. You constantly throw insults and are exhibiting extreme primate-like behaviour. You put yourself on some sort of pedestal by questioning the intelligence of others. My advice is to look in the mirror, your posts scream nothing but idiocy.
Old 03-01-2010 at 10:17 PM   #13
arathbon
Elite Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAARP#Controversy

Generally I'm skeptical of the things I read in the media, but most of all in Russian, Iranian, Chinese and Venezuelan media. Why? Because they are propaganda pieces. For international (non-north american) news BBC, al-Jarezera and the like are much less prone to this sort of things.
Old 03-02-2010 at 01:44 AM   #14
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAARP#Controversy

Generally I'm skeptical of the things I read in the media, but most of all in Russian, Iranian, Chinese and Venezuelan media.
Firstly here :http://www.venezuelanalysis. com/analysis/5117

And secondly they are "propaganda pieces" why?

You just generally made a statement in that regards without mentioning any specific reason other then your opinion, which doesn't really contribute much to the discussion.

And why is it that the argument cannot be spun around and used against Fox, MSNBC & CNN!(All three of whom I know you haven't mentioned but can still be used for arguments sake). Same with BBC & Al Jazeera, what makes you think they are any less unbiased then the media from the "Axis or Evil" & current communist regimes?

Heck you will be surprised if you do a random pop poll on the name "Al Jazeera" as a new source and see how people classify it as a "Al Qaeda/Arab" Propaganda machine based entirely on its name. I even had a TA last year tell me I should "avoid" Al Jazeera as a source for anything because its "arab" and hence incredibly biased. I am assuming she doesn't really know how a few Arab countries have tried to ban that channel because it was so critical of them.

If this forum was for a university in Stalingrad they would e saying the same about the sources you are mentioning.

Hence exactly why I prefer to take in multiple sides of the argument/sources before I make my mind up. Sometimes I end up with the "Evil" media outlets and sometimes with the "good" guys, it depends!

In other words should you read the sources you have targeted they will say exactly the same things about North American/EU Media outlets as propagating biased propaganda against them.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 03-02-2010 at 01:47 AM.