MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-17-2009 at 02:03 PM   #1
Al-mansi

Liked: 0 Times

Haunted broom
Alright, I have come up across this weird video and I thought I would share it with you guys hoping that someone might have an explanation for it. Well it’s about a “magic broom” in Alabama that stands on its own, at first I thought the bristles were strong enough and well organized to the point where it could hold the weight of the broom, but on a second glance I noticed that the broom was standing on an angle which is kind of weird...Anyways here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAzgDKL9_44

Old 09-17-2009 at 02:19 PM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

it's the disney ghosts!! soon mickey will run out with an axe and the broom will multiply.. :|
Old 09-17-2009 at 02:21 PM   #3
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Leave it to Alabama to lower the national IQ Average.
Old 09-17-2009 at 02:54 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
it's the disney ghosts!! soon mickey will run out with an axe and the broom will multiply.. :|

There is actually a live-action version of that coming out in the next year or so.

With people, though.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-17-2009 at 03:06 PM   #5
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-mansi View Post
Alright, I have come up across this weird video and I thought I would share it with you guys hoping that someone might have an explanation for it. Well it’s about a “magic broom” in Alabama that stands on its own, at first I thought the bristles were strong enough and well organized to the point where it could hold the weight of the broom, but on a second glance I noticed that the broom was standing on an angle which is kind of weird...Anyways here is the video

A number of things a) The Floor is most probably not Flat b) The Bristles are a flat and even surface which leads to C) Gravity!

@Gregory, I know I am biased as a sociologist but such silly incidents and superstitions are very much a result of "culture" more so then IQ! (I'm on the fence regarding the IQ theory for now!), The Southern States have a lower rate of literacy and their schools always score in the lower rungs of education standards. The classic North Vs underprivilged historic Southern Divide. I know basic physics hence I had a laugh at that video and knew it was gravity/flat surfaces! Maybe if they had the same level of education attainment?

Talking of superstitions this one is *facepalm*

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-17-2009 at 03:07 PM   #6
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

HAHHAA...look at the bristles...those kinds of brooms can be made to stand since the bristles are rigid enough.
Old 09-17-2009 at 03:09 PM   #7
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
A number of things a) The Floor is most probably not Flat b) The Bristles are a flat and even surface which leads to C) Gravity!

@Gregory, I know I am biased as a sociologist but such silly incidents and superstitions are very much a result of "culture" more so then IQ! (I'm on the fence regarding the IQ theory for now!), The Southern States have a lower rate of literacy and their schools always score in the lower rungs of education standards. The classic North Vs underprivilged historic Southern Divide. I know basic physics hence I had a laugh at that video and knew it was gravity/flat surfaces! Maybe if they had the same level of education attainment?

HAHAH wow, NEWS AT 7: KIDS MADE A DOLL OUT OF MUD AND BURNED IT
Old 09-17-2009 at 04:15 PM   #8
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post

Wow. So here we have a tiny living humanoid being running around, and what is done? Poke it with sticks; tease it; set it on fire.

Wonderful.
Old 09-17-2009 at 04:15 PM   #9
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-mansi View Post

Wow, this made me laugh out loud! Things like this frighten me a little, because it shows how many people there are out there who can't think for themselves.
Old 09-17-2009 at 04:21 PM   #10
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Wow, this made me laugh out loud! Things like this frighten me a little, because it shows how many people there are out there who can't think for themselves.
Kind of reminds me of the video of the woman who "turned into a fish" because she "played games with the Qur'an"

YouTube is full of stuff like this.
Old 09-17-2009 at 10:27 PM   #11
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghjkghkghkgh View Post
Wow. So here we have a tiny living humanoid being running around, and what is done? Poke it with sticks; tease it; set it on fire.

Wonderful.
ROFL YEAH hahahah Since I can understand that language the way they narrate it; like they 100% believe it is true! I Lol'd for 5 minutes at this!

Putting it in a bottle then throwing it on burning bricks!

It is after all from a city which is Pakistan's version of an agricultural Southern USA!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13