MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Have you ever gotten drunk to the point where....?
You've puked on someone other than yourself 2 0.79%
You've woken up and have no idea where the [email protected]#$ you are 8 3.17%
Have had to get your stomach pumped at the hospital 0 0%
Got thrown in Jail 2 0.79%
Gotten into a fight 3 1.19%
Hit on an ugly chick 7 2.78%
You can't walk anymore and are "stumbly" 45 17.86%
I don't drink 94 37.30%
I'm always drunk in a controlled manner 36 14.29%
Two or more of options 1-8 55 21.83%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever....?

Old 08-21-2010 at 05:06 PM   #31
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Yeah, I'm a horrible person. That doesn't change the fact that you, on your little high horse, is calling everyone who drinks any alcohol ever someone who has no self respect.

How does me being a mean, arrogant and prejudice human being (all true) change in any way the fact that you're judging others?
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:07 PM   #32
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
So you criticize me for judging people I don't know, and then you follow it up by judging me and claiming I post on 4Chan, which I barely even know what is. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? You're just reinforcing my opinion of people that drink alcohol.
Im not the one claiming to be better than people. Before you pipe up that you didnt say anything about being a better person, I'll remind you of the time you referred to me as a "terrible human being" in another thread. Unless you claim to be one of those as well, you think you're better.

Also, Im stone sober right now. Haven't had any booze in weeks. So shouldn't it affect your opinion of sober people?
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:12 PM   #33
Alchemist11
Elite Member

It's also cute how your name isn't even on the site, so you can go around calling people 'terrible human beings' and no one knows who's actually saying it. Talk about not owning up to your own words.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:17 PM   #34
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

I love how people can't share opinions without being attacked, sorry I'm not some robot that believes everything society tells me to. It won't hurt you guys to have a controversial opinion, an opinion deviant from the norm, from time to time. Really, Alchemist11, you imply I'm sheltered and share the opinions of my fearful parents (which can't be farther from the truth), when it seems that in fact you are the sheltered one. But by all means, keep jumping to conclusions and assumptions in feeble attempts to attack those with unpopular opinions.

@reeves
I remember you trying to get a poor delivery driver fired because you were too cheap to tip him on multiple occasions, that's the lowest of the low, again, reinforcing my opinion of those that drink, you clearly lack character.

Last edited by Souldier : 08-21-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:21 PM   #35
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
It's also cute how your name isn't even on the site, so you can go around calling people 'terrible human beings' and no one knows who's actually saying it. Talk about not owning up to your own words.
Look at you calling things cute, in an attempt to belittle me, you seem to lack the capability of forming a quality argument. Whether my name is on here or not is COMPLETELY irrelevant, and for you to bring it up again just reconfirms my suspicion that you can not make a quality argument.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:24 PM   #36
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Look at you calling things cute, in an attempt to belittle me, you seem to lack the capability of forming a quality argument. Whether my name is on here or not is COMPLETELY irrelevant, and for you to bring it up again just reconfirms my suspicion that you can not make a quality argument.
Go away.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:27 PM   #37
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
@reeves
I remember you trying to fire a delivery driver because you were too cheap to tip him on multiple occasions, that's the lowest of the low, again, reinforcing my opinion of those that drink, you clearly lack character.
Nice. It was to do with the company charging something $3 to deliver, and I told him to take it up with them, since they're taking his tip, and I called to complain that he had the audacity to ask for a gratuity, which shouldn't be expected.

Quote:
I love how people can't share opinions without being attacked, sorry I'm not some robot that believes everything society tells me to. It won't hurt you guys to have a controversial opinion, an opinion deviant from the norm, from time to time.
Wait, I have a controversial opinion regarding tipping? Thought it wouldn't hurt? Yet here you are contradicting yourself and judging me for it. Hypocrisy is awesome.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:29 PM   #38
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Really, Alchemist11, you imply I'm sheltered and share the opinions of my fearful parents (which can't be farther from the truth), when it seems that in fact you are the sheltered one. But by all means, keep jumping to conclusions and assumptions in feeble attempts to attack those with unpopular opinions.
<3 irony.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:32 PM   #39
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Wow. It's like deja vu.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-21-2010 at 05:35 PM   #40
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Nice. It was to do with the company charging something $3 to deliver, and I told him to take it up with them, since they're taking his tip, and I called to complain that he had the audacity to ask for a gratuity, which shouldn't be expected.

Wait, I have a controversial opinion regarding tipping? Thought it wouldn't hurt? Yet here you are contradicting yourself and judging me for it. Hypocrisy is awesome.
A tip clearly is expected if he asked you for one, his other customers had the decency to tip him. I'm sorry, but to try to get someone fired over something like that, someone that probably has a family to feed, and barely makes enough money as it is, whose livelihood is made on tips, makes you a TERRIBLE human being. You have no decency or compassion, and surprise surprise, it seems like you don't treat yourself with decency either judging by your alcohol story.

Last edited by Souldier : 08-21-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:36 PM   #41
Alchemist11
Elite Member

"when it seems that in fact you are the sheltered one."

Lawl @ this. What makes you think that? I've noticed every time someone says something about your asinine and ridiculous opinions, you just say the same thing back at them. First you were caught judging people, and now me and reeves are. Then you were making assumptions about all drinkers, and now I'm making assumptions about you. Next, I implied you were sheltered, and now I'm the sheltered one.

I'd really like to know why I'm sheltered, though. Or is this just your tactic? Whenever someone says something against you, you just use the same words against them with no actual proof. Bulletproof logic, bro. "You seem to be a homosexual." "NO YOU ARE!!!!1"

Okay, time for you to really understand the situation, because I take it you have difficulty seeing things from other points of view.

I lack a quality argument and I'm making assumptions because I don't KNOW you. How the hell am I supposed to say anything about you that's not an assumption? I don't even know your damn name. And that's where the fact that you have absolutely no information about yourself comes into relevancy.

Actually, I was doing this for the lulz, but it looks like I'm going to have to explain this to you nice and slowly. I found your view on drinkers childish and immature. I made a point on it without any other information because that's all you've given us to work with.

I could say something 'controversial' and stereotype a group of people, and say, everyone who drives a gas guzzling car has no care for the environment, and they're all horrible people. Anything you reply to that will consequently be an assumption, but it doesn't remove responsibility from what I said.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:36 PM   #42
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Oh yay, the cavalry is here.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:38 PM   #43
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
A tip clearly is expected if he asked you for one, his other customers had the decency to tip him. I'm sorry, but to try to get someone fired over something like that, someone that probably has a family to feed, and barely makes enough money as it is, whose livelihood is made on tips makes, you a TERRIBLE human being. You have no decency or compassion, and surprise surprise, it seems like you don't treat yourself with decency either judging by your alcohol story.
Again, you know me so well. Are you sure you're not secretly my best friend from back home posting on an anon account so I can't see who it s?

EDIT: Could you possibly be making assumptions about what other customers did? Or what he made? Or that he has a family? Or that he got fired? Wow, all this stuff that you whine about Alchemist doing, you seem to no problem doing yourself.

Last edited by reeves : 08-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:50 PM   #44
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Again, you know me so well. Are you sure you're not secretly my best friend from back home posting on an anon account so I can't see who it s?

EDIT: Could you possibly be making assumptions about what other customers did? Or what he made? Or that he has a family? Or that he got fired? Wow, all this stuff that you whine about Alchemist doing, you seem to no problem doing yourself.
I know you based on your actions that you've shared on this forum, your alcoholic incident and your pizza incident tells me more than enough about you.

The difference is my assumptions aren't completely blind, if he was sympathizing with you, and sincerely asking why you wouldn't tip him, it's pretty logical to assume that his other customers tipped him. I know I and my friends and my family have no problem tipping, although then again, I do tend to surround myself with decent people.

A $2 tip is not much when you consider you've probably spent a lot more getting black out drunk.
Old 08-21-2010 at 05:52 PM   #45
jordan19

Liked: 19 Times

Yes, this thread has started some controversy... Score!