MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Have you ever gotten drunk to the point where....?
You've puked on someone other than yourself 2 0.79%
You've woken up and have no idea where the [email protected]#$ you are 8 3.17%
Have had to get your stomach pumped at the hospital 0 0%
Got thrown in Jail 2 0.79%
Gotten into a fight 3 1.19%
Hit on an ugly chick 7 2.78%
You can't walk anymore and are "stumbly" 45 17.86%
I don't drink 94 37.30%
I'm always drunk in a controlled manner 36 14.29%
Two or more of options 1-8 55 21.83%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever....?

Old 08-23-2010 at 06:34 PM   #76
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
No. Had the worst migraine I had since the last time I was in a relationship and needed to be somewhere in a few hours so I popped in 8. Normally take 6; didn't think an extra 2 would be so terrible. I was wrong.

[side note: it was somewhat a cool feeling. XD]
Oh my god, that sounds completely awful.... (argh, after reading that thread, i can't remember why advil was brought up in the first place).

i guess all drugs should be taken with caution =)
Old 08-23-2010 at 06:45 PM   #77
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Wow, I haven't been on for a while and decided to check this thread out. What a waste of my time. I kept reading, thinking the stupid argument would end at some point but I was disappointed to find out that it went on for three pages. What was the point of that useless argument? People drink alcohol and others don't. Similarly, people are going to have different views and opinions about alcohol. Why waste your time and the time of users that read these forums by making these irrelevant posts? Pathetic.
Old 08-23-2010 at 06:51 PM   #78
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
Wow, I haven't been on for a while and decided to check this thread out. What a waste of my time. I kept reading, thinking the stupid argument would end at some point but I was disappointed to find out that it went on for three pages. What was the point of that useless argument? People drink alcohol and others don't. Similarly, people are going to have different views and opinions about alcohol. Why waste your time and the time of users that read these forums by making these irrelevant posts? Pathetic.
Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.
Old 08-23-2010 at 07:05 PM   #79
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
Like you said, people have their opinions and views and they are allowed to talk about them. Just because it's posted doesn't mean you have to read it, but I do agree that it's hard to tell if 3 pages of threads are just opinion based or not. But I think it's safe to say that the majority of threads are opinionated since most conversations are opinionated. Even reviews are opinions.
Old 08-23-2010 at 07:10 PM   #80
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Not sure why Alchemist11 decided to like the petty insult in this post, dude has an anime avatar and is constantly white knighting girls, c'mon son, you ain't fooling nobody, hold hands with a girl first and then maybe you have the grounds to like this.
Hehe, and we all know how much a guy who names himself "Intelligent being" gets enough *****, right? I liked the insult because it was funny, and true (OH NO, ANOTHER ASSUMPTION!), why else would I like it?

And I'm curious, in a thread where I defended REEVES, a big white dude, which girls am I white knighting exactly? Are you some sort of ****in' stalker, just reading posts from months ago with a grin on your face, trying to find any situation where I could have defended the opposite sex?
Old 08-23-2010 at 07:12 PM   #81
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Hehe, and we all know how much a guy who names himself "Intelligent being" gets enough *****, right? I liked the insult because it was funny, and true (OH NO, ANOTHER ASSUMPTION!), why else would I like it?

And I'm curious, in a thread where I defended REEVES, a big white dude, which girls am I white knighting exactly? Are you some sort of ****in' stalker, just reading posts from months ago with a grin on your face, trying to find any situation where I could have defended the opposite sex?
WHOA, EASY WITH THE FAT COMMENTS.

Racist.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-23-2010
Souldier
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-23-2010 at 07:31 PM   #82
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

K I'm done, I'll stwap feeding the troll nao guys. Sorry for me and reeves creating useless posts to read.

Maybe when you're man enough to post your name on this site your comments will be worth responding to, but if you're too scared it's all right, that's understandable.
Old 08-23-2010
lawleypop
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:11 PM   #83
changturkey

Liked: 9 Times

The poll seems a bit two extreme in both ends anyways. There's no moderate option. Either you drink and do stuff you probably regret, or you don't. It also seems to give misconceptions on both sides. Not all drinkers are "bad" people, but I don't think all "straight edge" people necessarily look down on people who drink.
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:43 PM   #84
maryam17

Liked: 2 Times

I'm surprised the majority was "I don't drink" ...i chose the "stumbly" option and thought that would be the majority haha
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:56 PM   #85
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.
same old tired trolling. sigh*

Did you have an older account tht was banned btw?
Old 08-24-2010 at 12:40 AM   #86
JesterRace

Liked: 5 Times

Maybe Souldier is drunk...can we add a "berate an entire forum" option?
Old 08-24-2010 at 01:11 AM   #87
mudathto

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
So you criticize me for judging people I don't know, and then you follow it up by judging me and claiming I post on 4Chan, which I barely even know what is. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? You're just reinforcing my opinion of people that drink alcohol.
You're making some pretty heavy generalizations and enforcing your opinion as if its fact. I would be a tad bit more careful with what I say around here; as much as we argue, this is still just a COMMUNITY forum so we avoid getting personal and actually insulting one another.

If you want to pick a fight, I recommend heading somewhere else.
Old 08-24-2010 at 02:05 AM   #88
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Charbs, snaps like this.