MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-13-2009 at 06:08 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Hbo
Okay, so. I've got basic cable with Cogeco...
And when I look through the tv guide, it doesn't say I get shows like Gossip Girl or 90210, but if I go to a certain channel, they play at the time they should be (they just don't show up on the listings).

So... does anyone know if the same thing happens with HBO? Like if it's on a different channel than it's supposed to be and isn't in the listings?

I really wanna catch the season finale to Dexter and don't wanna wait till tomorrow to stream it.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-13-2009 at 06:17 PM   #2
soomroau

Liked: 0 Times

They show HBO on those un-listed channels sometimes quite randomly on weekends.You are safer off streaming the episode because the channels you are talking about freeze midway or completely change to another channel.
Old 12-13-2009 at 06:18 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I know but Dexter doesn't get put up as quickly as all my other shows. :( Seriously House takes like 25 minutes and Dexter takes like a whole day sometimes. D:

(I'm trying to put off studying as long as possible. )

Old 12-13-2009 at 06:22 PM   #4
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I know but Dexter doesn't get put up as quickly as all my other shows. :( Seriously House takes like 25 minutes and Dexter takes like a whole day sometimes. D:

Where do you go to watch your shows online? I use tvshack.net and they have the videos up fairly quick. I don't watch Dexter right away, but I know for sure it comes out the morning after, if not earlier.
Old 12-13-2009 at 06:23 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
Where do you go to watch your shows online? I use tvshack.net and they have the videos up fairly quick. I don't watch Dexter right away, but I know for sure it comes out the morning after, if not earlier.
Well by a whole day I meant morning... XD Ahah.
i normally use sidereel.

I'll try tvshack though.

This season is really good. It picked up.

Old 12-13-2009 at 06:38 PM   #6
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

ZOMG dexter!!!

season finale tonight!

HBO is a premium channel you won't get it on basic cable.
Old 12-13-2009 at 06:42 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
ZOMG dexter!!!

season finale tonight!

HBO is a premium channel you won't get it on basic cable.
No, I know.
But shows like Gossip Girl are supposed to be on the WB but I get them on 22 (whatever that channel is).

Was just wondering if the same thing happened.

Old 12-13-2009 at 07:20 PM   #8
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

22 is MuchMusic in Hamilton, Much shows Gossip Girl, and I'm pretty sure 90210 is shown on a regular channel too (ie. ctv, global, nbc, or whatever).

If you have a newer TV that can pick up digital signals, it may automatically find some extra channels for you, most of which are just the normal channels broadcast in digital or music channels from digital cable, but some broadcast what other people are watching on demand via digital cable. On these channels you may catch the latest episodes of hbo/showtime shows, but its a matter of flipping around at the right time and getting lucky. And because someone else is in control, they may pause, stop, rewind at anytime.

p.s. i have no idea how/why this works
Old 12-13-2009 at 07:22 PM   #9
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott000 View Post
22 is MuchMusic in Hamilton, Much shows Gossip Girl, and I'm pretty sure 90210 is shown on a regular channel too (ie. ctv, global, nbc, or whatever).

If you have a newer TV that can pick up digital signals, it may automatically find some extra channels for you, most of which are just the normal channels broadcast in digital or music channels from digital cable, but some broadcast what other people are watching on demand via digital cable. On these channels you may catch the latest episodes of hbo/showtime shows, but its a matter of flipping around at the right time and getting lucky. And because someone else is in control, they may pause, stop, rewind at anytime.

p.s. i have no idea how/why this works
How come it doesn't show up on the Listings then? like the tv guide. On channel 5. o_o

Old 12-13-2009 at 07:41 PM   #10
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I always thought Dexter was released on Mondays through a Movie Network style system where you could watch it whenever. I was always so impressed that it was already up on Monday morning when I got up. I guess I know why now, lol. Can't wait for the finale!

Gossip Girl is on CTV as well.
Old 12-13-2009 at 08:01 PM   #11
IbrahimH

Liked: 13 Times

I get Gossip Girl on channel 22 (A Channel)... and 90210 on Global (channel 3).
Old 12-13-2009 at 08:30 PM   #12
AlchemistX

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

Fisrt off, Dexter is going to be AMAZING! Cant wait to catch the finale.

But if you dont mind downloading the episode, you could always go to thepiratebay.org. Click on shows, then Dexter and its usually up on Sunday nights, so later today.

lawleypop says thanks to AlchemistX for this post.

Infinity likes this.
Old 12-13-2009 at 10:28 PM   #13
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Dexter Season Finale.....Wow....Jus t Wow......

Infinity likes this.
Old 12-13-2009 at 10:46 PM   #14
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Hurry up, torrent sites. :(

I actually can't study because I'm too busy refreshing www.eztv.it every few minutes.

From my experience, they're usually first on scene.

edit: The torrent's up now!

Last edited by Entropy : 12-14-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Equinox likes this.
Old 12-13-2009 at 11:18 PM   #15
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

i jizzed when i saw dexter