Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
health age 1bb3 Phantom Academics 0 09-01-2012 11:17 PM

Health Age 1BB3

Old 01-06-2014 at 09:58 PM   #1
aliesk

Liked: 1 Time

Health Age 1BB3
Is health age 1BB3 a grade boosting course ?
By that i mean, is a 12 attainable .
and how hard is the content and evaluations ?
I'm thinking of dropping the course due to the fact i'm taking 4 difficult content heavy courses. Can someone who has taken the course tell me what their experience of the course was and what the content is like and level of difficulty ?
Also how's the prof A.Goshi ? your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

struggling first year
Old 01-07-2014 at 10:26 AM   #2
js2222

Liked: 0 Times

1bb3
I think a 12 would be difficult for a first year to attain in this class, just out of inexperience. The content is fairly easy. However, there is an essay and presentation component, which is where the TAs can make sure the average of the class isn't too high. The assignments are very very easy but it would be difficult to get a 12 based on the subjective nature of marking. If you kiss the TA's ass and score well on the exams you could probably get a 12. I never went to class and studied the day before for exams and I did pretty well. I had professor Gish, and she's new so she still has that cute "I'm going to make a difference" attitude, therefore she tries her best not to make it a bird course. Buuuuut it still is. Let's be real, the professor isn't the one marking your stuff anyway. I'd pay more attention to your TA. Then again, I rarely go to lectures so if that's important to you, Gish was ok. Frankly, if you find a 5 page essay and 2 minute presentation overwhelming then there is no hope for you.
Old 01-07-2014 at 03:06 PM   #3
rabschaud

Liked: 0 Times

I didn't find it to be a bird course. I got a 10 in the course, but with lots of effort. I had Gish this previous term, and she gave us a midterm, two assignments, and a final. The midterm was easy, but the exam was a lot harder. Almost all the answers seemed to be correct. They were multiple choice though, so that made it a little easier (if you find that easier than short answer).
The first assignment was very simple. The second had a lot more work attached to it, especially if you took the option of a 10 hour volunteer placement. I didn't get more than an 85% on either assignment.
TAs also seemed to mark harder than most first year courses.