MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone taken Hlth Age 2J03, 2K03, or 3K03? SaugaCity Academics 1 06-13-2014 06:15 PM

Health Age 2J03

Old 12-13-2014 at 11:38 PM   #1
SaugaCity

Liked: 0 Times

Health Age 2J03
Has anyone taken Health Age 2J03 with Dr. Gish?
It consists of 3 Quizzes and an Exam. I like the format but are these hard?
Please help!
Old 12-14-2014 at 05:11 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Hey! This is a special topics course, so it changes depending on who's teaching it that year. I.e. the topic of the course changes every year. Dr. Gish taught it the first time in 2012-2013, but the topic was different, it was : Selected Topics in Aging: Aging Body in Everyday Life. So I don't know if anyone can answer your question about this course specifically. It might be helpful to look up other courses Dr. Gish has taught and what her teaching style is like.

Here's the course outline for the 2J03 course she taught 2 years ago: http://www.healthagingandsoc iety.m...-fall-2012.pdf

SaugaCity says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 12-14-2014 at 05:27 PM   #3
arsh03

Liked: 1 Time

Hello !
I took this course which was taught by Dr. Gish and was an evening course. I really enjoyed it regardless of it being a night class, Dr. Gish always kept the content interesting. She keeps you awake with her lecture style where she posts the notes beforehand on Avenue BUT she says so much extra info along with it, you have no choice but to ensure you get down every work.

Going to lecture is a must, and you should do readings in between as well.. It is not a hard course at all though and Dr. Gish made it really interesting as well! The quizzes are not hard either as long as you study, go to lecture and do the readings beforehand.. SO it is not a bird course in case you are looking for that.. but it is interesting for sure, I enjoyed Dr. Gish's teaching style a lot !

SaugaCity says thanks to arsh03 for this post.
Old 12-23-2014 at 02:20 PM   #4
larizhou

Liked: 0 Times

Dr.Gish is teaching it again next semester. Are the quizzes and exams fair? Sorry to be straightforward, but I have to ask is this course 12able?