Liked: 0 Times

Help!!!
while selecting prefrences of my residence these options appear

1.Halcyon house

2.International House

3.La Maison

4.Substance Free

5.Wellness house

what are these things and cant i select which residence building i want to live in .

Secondly which building has the best bunk and loft room?

please help!
Old 04-10-2009 at 05:13 PM   #2
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

They changed the residence application. You can only choose what type of room(double, single etc.) or a lifestyle/specialty floor(halcyon, substance-free etc.). You can't choose the residence building.
Old 04-10-2009 at 05:17 PM   #3
saigalhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
They changed the residence application. You can only choose what type of room(double, single etc.) or a lifestyle/specialty floor(halcyon, substance-free etc.). You can't choose the residence building.
what does the above stuff mean?
Old 04-10-2009 at 05:20 PM   #4
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigalhz View Post
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...le_themes.html
Old 04-10-2009 at 05:20 PM   #5
saigalhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigalhz View Post
I found the Link. anyways thanks
Old 04-10-2009 at 07:57 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yeah... so technically you can choose what residence you want indirectly if the residence you want contains one of the themes...
Old 04-11-2009 at 06:00 AM   #7
saigalhz

I want Whiden what should i do!!!
Old 04-11-2009 at 09:23 AM   #8
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

choose a triple room. most of them are in whidden.

saigalhz says thanks to FireDragoonX for this post.
Old 05-25-2009 at 03:35 PM   #9
nevadak

Hey
I was looking at the list of room preferences and I don't get what "1BR_2person Apt" is. Does it mean the double room with 1 bathroom that they have at La Prince?
~Nadiya
Old 05-25-2009 at 03:43 PM   #10
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

I believe those apartments are in Bates. There is one bedroom, one study room, a kitchen and bathroom.

nevadak says thanks to nila* for this post.
Old 05-25-2009 at 06:44 PM   #11
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadak View Post
Hey
I was looking at the list of room preferences and I don't get what "1BR_2person Apt" is. Does it mean the double room with 1 bathroom that they have at La Prince?
~Nadiya
Only Bates is apartment style. From what I know, there are 2-, 4-, and 6-person apartments, where each person generally has their own room but share a common kitchen, living room, and bathroom(s).

"1 BR_2person Apt" likely refers the 2-person apartment, which is the only one where two people live in the SAME room.
Old 05-25-2009 at 08:30 PM   #12
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

What do you think of Edwards?

I've selected the International House theme as my 1st two choices cause it's in edwards
Old 05-25-2009 at 10:22 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I lived in Edwards last year. Great experience. It's a very small residence so you basically know everyone on your floor and maybe even your entire residence. There are only 100 people after all. The fact that it's so small made it easy to make friends. I've spent a lot of time hanging out with the friends I've made in Edwards, going downtown to eat, going to limeridge, hanging out, etc. Although I'm sure everyone else will say the same thing about the residence they lived in.

Edwards is the oldest residence, the rooms are pretty big except for a couple weird rooms, I think 3-6 in total. Those rooms are turned on their sides, but if you have the strength or numbers, you can move the beds and make a ton more space. The rooms are carpeted, I think two years ago. Edwards does have a lot of dust, not sure where it comes from but I would bring a small portable vacuum. I bought a little shark vacuum for 25$ at Canadian Tire last year. It beats lugging the vacuum from commons to residence, especially if you live on the 3rd floor. There are no elevators in Edwards.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I would be pleased to help answer any questions related to Edwards. I've had the best year of my life in that residence ^-^

tiger says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 05-26-2009 at 05:58 AM   #14
tiger
Account Disabled by User

jhan523, are the washrooms in Edwards in a good condition, are they nice?

The residence application has International House- Double with washroom, does this selection exist in the builidng? If yes, how many are there? What are my chances of getting one?

I have selected International House for my 1st two picks, so I can hopefully end up in Edwards. Will there be many international students in the international house?
Is it in high demand? What are my chances of getting Edwards?

My choices:

1. International House- Double with washroom

2. International House-Double

3. * Double with washroom

4. * Double

5. International House- single (this one just to fill up a choice, I dont want a single room and i won't get it anyway

Last edited by tiger : 05-26-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2009 at 06:22 AM   #15
tiger
Account Disabled by User

When will the 1st year students' emails be activated? Mine isn't activated yet. When I go to MUGSI and click on ''activate services'', it says I am not eligible or something along those lines. Is this normal? I am only asking because on the residence application I included the mcmaster email address(it said you should put [email protected] ) so my roommate could have the option to contact me if they wished. Can I put an email address there other than @mcmaster?