MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-29-2010 at 12:19 PM   #16
rebeccaaa

Liked: 0 Times

I'm going into 3rd year History and I'm not a fan of Mac humanities. This year it looks like about half the listed 3rd year history courses aren't even offered, and it just so happens all the ones I wanted to take are unavailible. So honestly from my opinion, yeah you do have to worry about not being able to take courses you're interested in.

Had I been given the choice again, I definately would NOT have come to Mac for humanities and would have gone to a school that offered more options.

Last edited by rebeccaaa : 07-29-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: had to add more.
Old 07-29-2010 at 10:31 PM   #17
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaaa View Post
I'm going into 3rd year History and I'm not a fan of Mac humanities. This year it looks like about half the listed 3rd year history courses aren't even offered, and it just so happens all the ones I wanted to take are unavailible. So honestly from my opinion, yeah you do have to worry about not being able to take courses you're interested in.

Had I been given the choice again, I definately would NOT have come to Mac for humanities and would have gone to a school that offered more options.
Just curious, but if you didn't/don't like Mac's history program, why didn't/don't you switch to a different university? (e.g., York or U of T?) Or is it mainly a problem with upper-year history classes?
Old 07-30-2010 at 07:12 AM   #18
rebeccaaa

Liked: 0 Times

I found first year to be pretty good so I wasn't planning on switching after then. I found second year to not be that great and I wanted to switch..I was actually planning to switch to U of T, however my parents said they wouldn't pay for me to transfer any of my credits and were really angry that I wanted to switch, so I just ended up staying. I would say though from what I've seen its a problem with the upper year classes. If you even take a look at the 3rd year course options https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/...res.php?page=1 there are 24 courses not offered this year, where as only 15 courses are offered ...