MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-12-2010 at 01:20 PM   #1
kim27

Liked: 0 Times

help!!!!!!!
Hello,

I was wondering if I could get advice/opinions about my term 1 of second year in the life science program.
term 1: lifesci 2a03, lifesci 2b03, lifesci 2f03, bio 2d03, psych 2bo3.
Is the work load going to be manageable? Are they all hard courses?

Thankss
Old 08-12-2010 at 02:01 PM   #2
luv.ng.u

Liked: 1 Time

i would suggest you to look at the reviews for the individual courses to see for yourself if you think you'll be able to manage the courseload or not.

2a03 - this was a relatively light course load when i took it last year. but it's being taught a sessional this year so therefore, there may be differences
2b03 - this course is interesting but involves a huge load of memorization for midterms and exam. there is also a tutorial
2f03 - haven't taken it, but i hear its a great course!
bio 2d03 - taught by dr. cameron, it wasn't particularly hard or heavy course load. the midterms were easy as they were all online, labs were pretty interesting, and there was a fair amount of material on the final exam that requires some diligent studying
psych 2b03 - i haven't taken this course, but see reviews for it!

imo, it's not the easiest of course loads, but i wouldn't worry too much about it being crazy heavy. just keep up on all your readings and study hard. haha, should be fine if you're interested in these courses that you've chosen!

good luck!

kim27 says thanks to luv.ng.u for this post.
Old 08-12-2010 at 02:03 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

If that is 2nd year life science, many before you have gone through it and managed, so obviously its manageable.

kim27 says thanks to blackdragon for this post.
Old 08-12-2010 at 02:11 PM   #4
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times

hey, i was wondering what you're taking second semester because if your courseload is significantly lighter second semester you might want to switch some courses around. life sci 2b03 is being taught by dr. dej second semester and she's AMAZING. i would recommend taking it with her. i think you can manage though. it's mostly just keeping up with your work. for something like psych 2b03 there are only two midterms and an exam, but it reallyyy helps if you keep up with the textbook readings as well as go over dr. day's practice questions as you learn about the material (he'll explain about his test question databank which has LOADS of test questions which he sometimes recycles). life sci 2b03 you just have to make sure you understand the material as you go along, as opposed to trying to learn it all at the end. life sci 2f03 is really easy, so don't worry about that. i haven't taken life sci 2a03 yet and haven't taken bio 2d03

kim27 says thanks to rammramm for this post.
Old 08-12-2010 at 02:21 PM   #5
kim27

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammramm View Post
hey, i was wondering what you're taking second semester because if your courseload is significantly lighter second semester you might want to switch some courses around. life sci 2b03 is being taught by dr. dej second semester and she's AMAZING. i would recommend taking it with her. i think you can manage though. it's mostly just keeping up with your work. for something like psych 2b03 there are only two midterms and an exam, but it reallyyy helps if you keep up with the textbook readings as well as go over dr. day's practice questions as you learn about the material (he'll explain about his test question databank which has LOADS of test questions which he sometimes recycles). life sci 2b03 you just have to make sure you understand the material as you go along, as opposed to trying to learn it all at the end. life sci 2f03 is really easy, so don't worry about that. i haven't taken life sci 2a03 yet and haven't taken bio 2d03
Hey thanks for the info!
second term im taking orgochem20B3, earthsci2ww3, lifesci 2ee3, bio2c03 or bio2a03(havent decided yet), and psych AP3
Old 08-12-2010 at 02:26 PM   #6
luv.ng.u

Liked: 1 Time

i think your 2nd semester is harder than your first semester. not just cuz there's organic chemistry (which is heavier in course load in general) but i hear there's a lot of readings for 2ap3. For bio 2a03, it was a pretty heavy courseload, i felt that bio 2c03 was a lighter courseload in comparison to 2a03.

you'd probably be better off taking bio 2b03 in first semester. imo. even though dr. dej is an amazing professor!
Old 08-12-2010 at 02:31 PM   #7
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times

you're welcome! i have to agree with clarissa though in that your second semester does seem harder than your first. i would just keep them as is. unless you can switch life sci 2b03 and psych 2ap3 maybe? i haven't taken psych 2ap3 myself, but if there's more work involved than life sci 2b03 for it you could switch them (if your shedule and SOLAR allow you to of course).