MacInsiders Logo
Old 11-11-2011 at 10:37 AM   #1
haley

Liked: 0 Times

Help!
I'm in first year and I was really struggling with understanding the lectures for one of my courses, the exam was based on only lecture content so I thought instead of failing it would be better to drop the class.
Since its too late to take something this semester, am I allowed to take 6 courses next semester? and is that considered overloading, or simply an uneven timetable. Might I add that I'm in Social Science.

Any advice is helpful, thanks!
Old 11-11-2011 at 11:11 AM   #2
PinkiePie

Liked: 6 Times

You may want to avoid 6 courses next semester as it is very difficult to do well with that much on the go. There is always summer school to consider.

oconne likes this.
Old 11-11-2011 at 01:06 PM   #3
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

What course is it? Can you speak with your prof or TAs for extra help?
Old 11-11-2011 at 01:25 PM   #4
RobbyJ

Liked: 13 Times

My roommate did that first year took 4 first semester and 6 second....it was really heavy having six classes in a semester, but it is doable.
Old 11-11-2011 at 01:28 PM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

You can definitely do 6 courses next term. It won't be considered overloading, as long as you only have 4 courses this term. Just keep in mind that it might be tough, especially since you are having trouble as it is.
Like others have said, there's also summer school.
Old 11-11-2011 at 04:36 PM   #6
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

But there are still certain requirements. Go talk to an academic counsellor because what they say is absolute, doesn't matter what we say