MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Faculty and Program Series Part Nine: The Arts and Sciences Program lorend Academics 0 09-20-2009 08:16 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Seven: Medical Radiation Sciences Program jhan523 Faculty & Program Series 1 09-05-2009 12:53 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Two: The Indigenous Studies Program lorend Faculty & Program Series 9 08-24-2009 02:56 PM

Help! Get In Co-op Program

Old 04-29-2009 at 09:16 AM   #1
wendy0519

Liked: 0 Times

Help! Get In Co-op Program
Hello, everyone! I am a future student for fall 2009. I got the offer of software engineering (it is regular, non Coop) in January and accepted it when it appeared on OUAC. Because my case is a little particular, I got transferred my first year credits and I will directly start my second year of engineering in this September.

Now, my concern is do I get a chance to re-apply Co-op program? I really want to get involved in Coop. But I have already accepted my offer. I don't know what I can do now to get myself in Co-op option. Is there any procedures I may follow to apply Co-op now, ie. take 1EE0 (Co-op prerequisite)?

---------------------------------------------------
I emailed Sally, the Undergraduate Student Advisor for Engineering I, and the following is her reply:

"Please do not worry about co-op as you can speak to them & take 1EE0 next fall. "
---------------------------------------------------
But if I take 1EE0 next fall, I can only start co-op in my 3d year, right? Is there any possibility for me to take the course this fall, so I can co-op in the summer of my 2nd year? Could I choose 1EE0 when the SOLAR system is avaliable in this June?

I really appreciate for your help!
Old 04-29-2009 at 09:35 AM   #2
Anamaria
McMaster Employee

Liked: 1 Time

Why don't you go and talk directly to the people in the co-op office? They must know what you need to do ;-)

wendy0519 says thanks to Anamaria for this post.
Old 04-29-2009 at 09:55 AM   #3
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

You can take 1EE0 fall 2009. You can just add it on SOLAR or if your not registered yet just drop by the co-op office at the start of the year and they can help you fill out the forms you need. You can actually take the course any time during the 09/10 year and you can get a placement the summer after 1st year (or in your case 2nd). It's not an actual full year course...it's only about 8 class sessions.

wendy0519 says thanks to zoyy for this post.
Old 04-29-2009 at 10:20 AM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

You will take 1EE0 during your 2nd year and will be able to go on co-op in the summer after your second year. By "next fall" Sally means September 2009.

wendy0519 says thanks to DannyV for this post.
Old 04-29-2009 at 11:11 AM   #5
wendy0519

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks you, macinsiders! You guys are soooo nice ! I agreed that I misunderstood Sally' s email.

I just called the co-op office, and a lady told me that I could get involved this program whenever I want. If solar allows me to select 1EE0, just do it. And if I cannot choose 1EE0 via solar, go to the co-op office and register office in the first week for the fall semester, and then they will let me in. That's clear! Thank you guys!