MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transferring from Life Science to Health Science MichaelScarn Academics 12 07-06-2011 10:39 AM

Help with Life Science....

Old 10-11-2011 at 10:22 PM   #1
awmonster

Liked: 0 Times

Help with Life Science....
1. How can we switch from Life Science to Health Science in second year?
2. If you do not get into med school isnt the BSc Degree basically useless?
3. Lastly, Is there anyway to switch to lets say engineering in 2nd year?
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:24 PM   #2
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by awmonster View Post
1. http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...health+science

2. ....no?
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:31 PM   #3
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

____ Sci and Engineering are VERY different, you gotta make up your mind ASAP.

Edit: Also free to PM me if you have any specific questions (I'm a transfer, see frenched up signature). Better yet PM Bernard too.

Last edited by RememberTwce : 10-11-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:38 PM   #4
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Sigh, why do people think that med school is the only way to get anywhere in life? Thats not to say i dont want to go , thats more to say there are so many awesome directions and fields you can work in with a science degree! Also realize that you can get into medical school with any degree, Health Sci is just one of many many many options... Also realize that Health Sci is quite tailored to a specific style of learning that may not be for you... Also, it might just be me, but it seems like there are so many people in life sci with negative opinions towards the program, i cannot seem to figure out why, but Mac is an awesome school, just be glad you get the chance to get a world class education here!
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:40 PM   #5
dumbconsumer

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
____ Sci and Engineering are VERY different, you gotta make up your mind now.

Edit: Also free to PM me if you have any specific questions (I'm a transfer, see frenched up signature). Better yet PM Bernard too.
I'm also here.

Old 10-11-2011 at 11:08 PM   #6
waldo92

Liked: 104 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by awmonster View Post
1. 4th transfer replying to this (I think Allison's on MI too). Same thing as high school basically, grades cut-off + supp. app.
2. it would look pretty on your wall. (but seriously, no - it's mostly what people make out of a degree that matters more than anything)
3. I'm pretty sure there's no "formal" way, but if you talk to an academic advisor, you can probably work something out. i read somewhere on learnlink (Del Harnish - BHSc dean) that a bhsc student walked up to the office and ended up with a 5 year hsci/eng program (and graduated). so I guess those kinds of things are possible, although definitely very rare.

Last edited by waldo92 : 10-11-2011 at 11:11 PM.