MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Essay Proposal stoniesg Politics 2 01-12-2012 07:28 AM
Movie Theater Proposal video sarahsweet General Discussion 0 05-19-2011 10:09 AM
Humble Bundle 2 is now out Yakattack Gaming 8 12-16-2010 06:27 PM
Proposal for New MSU Retail Opportunity lorend MacInsiders Announcements 10 01-12-2010 06:51 PM
Cogeco bundle options shleyaa General Discussion 18 06-04-2009 02:06 PM

Help with a TV bundle proposal

Old 08-20-2013 at 01:01 PM   #1
lightsms

Liked: 1 Time

Help with a TV bundle proposal
I've been looking through the different TV bundles offered by the cable companies, and have come to the conclusion that they are horrible.

I decided to make a proposal for a bundle, one that would be popular among university students. To do this, I need information on what peoples favorite TV shows and Channels are.

I made a google form, and I would really appreciate it if people were to fill it out. No personal information gets recorded, only the stuff you type into the feilds.

Here is the Form

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-20-2013 at 01:05 PM   #2
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

I feel like most students watch their shows online. I personally would want sports. Especially since all majority of the major sports leagues are active during the school year.
Old 08-20-2013 at 01:32 PM   #3
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

they WANT them to terrible. Thats how they make so much money...
Just go teksavvy and Stream everything. Thats how everyone else does it. That and Netflix.

Agree with the sports above though. Thats pretty much the only single thing it sucks to stream. Still if there is a game i really want to see Ill probs just go to a bar.
Old 08-20-2013 at 01:51 PM   #4
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

While I agree the bundles are bad, you cant put all the blame on the cable companies.

Cable companies cant get access to only what channels they want, they get pushed around and hence we get pushed around in the end.

Company A will tell Bell, we will give you this popular channel X but only if you also take R,E,F. and so on.
Old 08-20-2013 at 03:54 PM   #5
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

Its easier for students to have unlimited internet and paired it with a streaming site like Netflix. This way, we can watch it when we want, how we want it instead of being restricted to their schedules or shell out extra money for a video recording device.

It would be better if the focus was on providing great unlimited internet service for students in the surrounding McMaster campus. Currently, we don't have that great of a choice.
Old 08-20-2013 at 04:00 PM   #6
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

I also use Hulu. Amazing for TV shows just use a proxy!
Old 08-20-2013 at 04:53 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Learn to pirate. The only stuff that I don't have experience pirating is sport shows. Studies have shown that more and more people are cancelling TV bundles cause they either stick an antenna on their house for free digital service or pirate.
Old 08-20-2013 at 07:49 PM   #8
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Learn to pirate. The only stuff that I don't have experience pirating is sport shows. Studies have shown that more and more people are cancelling TV bundles cause they either stick an antenna on their house for free digital service or pirate.
Actually, studies shown that people are willing to pay for legal services and only uses pirated route as a last resort.

http://torrentfreak.com/piracy-colla...ir-job-130716/
Old 08-20-2013 at 08:02 PM   #9
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

That is true. All piraters encourage people to buy because it's like a try and buy to support. But on a general wide, cable. This wasn't the correct article but it summarizes some stuff
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca /2011/...n_1176651.html
Old 08-20-2013 at 09:14 PM   #10
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Worst thing is, our internet providers is also our cable providers (the main one anyway). So they have huge incentive to enforce download caps so that users won't be able to rely exclusively on downloading without coughing up more dollars.

This is why we have to support 3rd party ISPs even when in reality, they have no wiring of their own and the profit just end up going back to the 2 giants (Rogers and Bell) anyway.
Old 08-20-2013 at 09:18 PM   #11
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
While I agree the bundles are bad, you cant put all the blame on the cable companies.
Yeah your right. Billions in profit isn't enough for these cable companies, so their higher pricing is justified.
Old 08-20-2013 at 09:32 PM   #12
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

It's just canada's telecommunication is kinda monopolized. Even the "runner ups" like teksavvy rent bell servers etc. We need google fibre to save us from terrible speeds which are overpriced
Old 08-21-2013 at 07:43 AM   #13
jitnikovi

Liked: 13 Times

i work at shaw direct, prices range from $50-100/month for ~200 SD chnnels, ~20-60HD channels.

tbh, im a bit surprised ppl still watch tv nowadays