MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shout Out From Andrew Ko :) andrewklko Introduce Yourself 1 09-09-2010 07:39 PM
Math Factor Contest with Cash Prizes for First Years!‏ temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-15-2009 11:34 PM

Here For Andrew‏

Old 04-02-2012 at 02:28 PM   #1
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Here For Andrew‏
One of our very own McMaster Students who is also a fellow Commerce student is going through a very serious health issue. His name is Andrew Shaw and he is in his 3rd year. Over reading week, he suffered a terrible skiing accident fracturing his leg, which has now severed greatly, into the possibility of him having the leg amputated. He has made a very painful decision to begin a very risky, experimental treatment very soon in London, Ont. The risks are that he could be either left paralyzed or even worse, die. The treatments are not covered by OHIP and his family is not only facing the extreme emotional stress of this whole situation, but also financial.

Andrew is an active member of the McMaster Community. We created a facebook group last night to let him know that we, the DeGroote as well as McMaster community, support him (http://www.facebook.com/HereForAndrew ). There will also be a bake sale held today in the DSB Lobby until 4:30 to raise funds for his treatment.

Thank you so much.

alyssarr, Crzyrio, ZSimon like this.
Old 04-02-2012 at 03:49 PM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Who would risk death over a leg that at best will probably only achieve like 20% of its original functionality and be super fragile?

If I were him, I would just get it amputated and go with a robot leg.

MirandaC likes this.
Old 04-02-2012 at 07:34 PM   #3
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

That's pretty brutal. Nice to see the community involved and helping. Hope it turns up for Andrew.

apples12, lizziepizzie like this.
Old 04-02-2012 at 09:50 PM   #4
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I understand what Andrew is going through. This is such a tragedy. I wish him all the best. Is there another way we can help out besides the backsale?

Entropy, kaitotst like this.
Old 04-08-2012 at 10:17 AM   #5
g.o.p.a.l
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

I hope Andrew survives the treatment with his leg intact. Best of Luck Andrew