MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-06-2010 at 12:37 PM   #1
LukeEngineer

Liked: 5 Times

Hey
Hey so I'm Lukasz.
I applied to Engineering I Coop and got in Funny thing is that I didn't apply to Mcmaster at first but as it was getting closer to the acceptance deadline, I heard about Mcmaster's engineering program and decided to check it out and it just seemed like the program for me, with general first year giving me more time to make a good decision as well as the management and society stuff and coop. So beginning of May I added it to my OUAC and alot of my friends thought I was crazy and even I thought it was a long shot. But then I got accepted and I'm happy which means I'll be at Mac next year. Also I heard McMaster got a new engineering building ... I saw pictures and it looks awesome but is it built already or in construction ?

micadjems likes this.
Old 06-06-2010 at 12:41 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeEngineer View Post
Hey so I'm Lukasz.
I applied to Engineering I Coop and got in Funny thing is that I didn't apply to Mcmaster at first but as it was getting closer to the acceptance deadline, I heard about Mcmaster's engineering program and decided to check it out and it just seemed like the program for me, with general first year giving me more time to make a good decision as well as the management and society stuff and coop. So beginning of May I added it to my OUAC and alot of my friends thought I was crazy and even I thought it was a long shot. But then I got accepted and I'm happy which means I'll be at Mac next year. Also I heard McMaster got a new engineering building ... I saw pictures and it looks awesome but is it built already or in construction ?
It's finished now, except this one room looks really weird, it's empty except for a sink o.O
Old 06-06-2010 at 12:47 PM   #3
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

Welcome and congrats!

The classrooms in ETB very nice looking, with glass walls. You'll have you're programming, design and professional engineering tutorials in there as well as programming labs in the new elliptical computer lab

What engineering stream are you interested in?
Old 06-06-2010 at 01:38 PM   #4
LukeEngineer

Liked: 5 Times

I'm mainly thinking of computer engineering but electrical, software and eng phy seem interesting as well. Physics and computers are really the two subjects that interest me the most. Physics I'm not too sure about as all I have done is highschool physics but I found it very interesting. I was thinking of minoring in physics but I heard engineering degrees don't really give you enough electives to get a minor. I heard that with the eng & society we can minor in a subject but I'm unsure if I would be able to in physics as the focus electives are supposed to be towards something in society but then I saw the minor in biochemistry so I am abit unclear and I also think engineering degree plus minor in physics might be too hard of a degree to finish. I'm glad Mcmaster offers the general first year it will give me enough time to properly figure this out.
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:38 AM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Congrats! Welcome to MI!
Old 06-08-2010 at 11:43 AM   #6
erinn

Liked: 2 Times

Welcome to MacENG!!
if you have any questions feel free to hit me up with a message, as I just recently finished first year and got accepted into second year EngPhys & Society!!

ETB is ballin', and the cafe there has amazing coffee and sandwiches!!
Old 06-08-2010 at 01:19 PM   #7
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
It's finished now, except this one room looks really weird, it's empty except for a sink o.O
You sure about that? I went there not that long ago, and the 3rd or 4th floor looked barely started.
Old 06-08-2010 at 02:35 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
You sure about that? I went there not that long ago, and the 3rd or 4th floor looked barely started.
Well, I say finished as in, I'm pretty sure they have classes in them right now.
Old 06-08-2010 at 02:36 PM   #9
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Oh ya, they definitely do have classes in there. I've always assumed that the large glass room with only a sink is some kind of piece of abstract artwork .
Old 06-08-2010 at 02:39 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Oh ya, they definitely do have classes in there. I've always assumed that the large glass room with only a sink is some kind of piece of abstract artwork .
I thought it was going to be the biggest janitor's closet ever made.
Old 06-08-2010 at 02:42 PM   #11
erinn

I think someone told me that the classroom with a sink, which also has a garage door, is for some auto stuff. either B-tech or eng...don't quote me on that though
Old 06-08-2010 at 02:44 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinn View Post
I think someone told me that the classroom with a sink, which also has a garage door, is for some auto stuff. either B-tech or eng...don't quote me on that though
There's a garage door?! I must be blind... so wait, is that why that random street between IAHS and the Psych building exists? That would make sense... I have to see if there is a garage door though, never noticed.
Old 06-08-2010 at 02:47 PM   #13
erinn

I'm pretty sure there is one...or maybe I made it up in my head, I really have no idea anymore.
Old 06-08-2010 at 02:48 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinn View Post
I'm pretty sure there is one...or maybe I made it up in my head, I really have no idea anymore.
I'll check next time I pass by.
Old 06-08-2010 at 03:24 PM   #15
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeEngineer View Post
I'm mainly thinking of computer engineering but electrical, software and eng phy seem interesting as well. Physics and computers are really the two subjects that interest me the most. Physics I'm not too sure about as all I have done is highschool physics but I found it very interesting. I was thinking of minoring in physics but I heard engineering degrees don't really give you enough electives to get a minor. I heard that with the eng & society we can minor in a subject but I'm unsure if I would be able to in physics as the focus electives are supposed to be towards something in society but then I saw the minor in biochemistry so I am abit unclear and I also think engineering degree plus minor in physics might be too hard of a degree to finish. I'm glad Mcmaster offers the general first year it will give me enough time to properly figure this out.
Yes computer, excellent choice. We can't let electrical dominate in numbers, they are like our brothers but we despise them.