MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-28-2010 at 12:13 AM   #1
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Hi :)
Hi!
My name is Allana Stevenson. I will be going into Humanities next year and eventually majoring in the Cognitive Science of Language. After I get my degree, I'd like to go to U of T and get my master's in Speech Language Pathology. After that, I'd obviously like to be a Speech Language Pathologist. I have a passion for music. I sing (constantly) and I play the flute and the piano. I love to act as well. I have been in various shows including Barnum, Godspell, The Wiz, Grease, Once on this Island and Pygmalion. I hope to join a couple of music ensembles at Mac and hopefully participate in theater in some way. I also enjoy watching movies, mostly musicals, adventures, comedies and action. I can be shy at first but I do love to socialize. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall.
Old 05-28-2010 at 12:51 AM   #2
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Woot! Another linguist! There really needs to be more of us.
Old 05-28-2010 at 05:11 AM   #3
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Indeed!
Old 05-30-2010 at 03:06 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Hey Allana,

You'll find lots to do in terms of extra curriculars for both music and theatre: MMT and MTC (Mac Musical Theatre and Mac Thesbian Company) put on several productions each year, and there is also the performance series for the Theatre and Film studies 4th year projects (4th year students put on a short play, and they they need actors).

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-30-2010 at 03:10 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Any relation to Kate Stevenson?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 06-01-2010 at 01:13 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Welcome! Feel free to PM me if you need help with anything
Old 06-01-2010 at 02:08 PM   #7
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Woot! Another linguist! There really needs to be more of us.
Would you call yourself a cunni--

*gets shot*

Welcome to MI. But since you're in Humanities, I think I'm supposed to hate you. That's what they tell me, anyway. :(
Old 06-01-2010 at 02:12 PM   #8
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Would you call yourself a cunni--

*gets shot*

Welcome to MI. But since you're in Humanities, I think I'm supposed to hate you. That's what they tell me, anyway. :(
* Hands Entropy a piece of paper with instructions to chant the word 'Spatula' *
Old 06-03-2010 at 03:48 AM   #9
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
* Hands Entropy a piece of paper with instructions to chant the word 'Spatula' *
Engineers actually need written instructions to chant a single word?

I think you just insulted your own faculty more than we ever could :p

lorend likes this.