MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-23-2012 at 09:38 AM   #1
XNtrikster

Liked: 6 Times

hi everybody :)
Hi everybody,

I will be a first year student this September in the Studio Art program, and I'm so glad to be a part of the McMaster community
And as far as what I plan on doing in the future... Well I'll just see where the years and possibilities take me

Hope to see you guys around campus (even though I wouldn't be able to recognize many of you in real life)!
Old 06-23-2012 at 09:42 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Hi, welcome to the MI community and McMaster University Fran ! Is the Studio Arts program new? I haven't heard of it before.

XNtrikster says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 06-23-2012 at 10:46 AM   #3
XNtrikster

Thank you for the wolcoming the BFA Studio Art program is new, and was started in the 2011/12 year, so this is its second year running. You also might have not heard about it because the class sizes are pretty small; in the neighborhood of about 30-35 students are enrolled for first year
Old 06-24-2012 at 12:45 PM   #4
anya.j

Liked: 3 Times

That's sounds really cool! I'd love to see what you create!
Goodluck

XNtrikster says thanks to anya.j for this post.
Old 06-25-2012 at 05:57 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNtrikster View Post
Thank you for the wolcoming the BFA Studio Art program is new, and was started in the 2011/12 year, so this is its second year running. You also might have not heard about it because the class sizes are pretty small; in the neighborhood of about 30-35 students are enrolled for first year
Sort of reminds me of the incoming CS class as there were only 50 of us or so and at the beginning of term 2 it was around 35? Now going into second year there are between 25-30 of us I believe.
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:08 AM   #6
XNtrikster

Thank you, I'll do my best then
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:29 AM   #7
XNtrikster

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Sort of reminds me of the incoming CS class as there were only 50 of us or so and at the beginning of term 2 it was around 35? Now going into second year there are between 25-30 of us I believe.
Ahah looks like we'll both be going into nice comfy classes this year actually, the low enrolment number wouldn't be due to low rates of enrolment or people dropping anything; it's because the program is selective and has an enrolment cap restricting the class size to a relatively small group, and not allowing anyone to enter the program beyond first year. It turned out that hundreds of students applied for the BFA program this year. Not only did we have to make the minimum grade average for acceptance into the school, we also had to pass our portfolio interviews as well, and both were done separately. So if you got accepted by admissions, it didn't mean you got accepted into the program as you also had to gain acceptance from the School of the Arts (SOTA) faculty and vice versa.
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:51 AM   #8
XNtrikster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNtrikster View Post
Thank you, I'll do my best then
I also meant to say: welcome to mac Anya! and I was about to take envir sc 1a03 second sem, but had to get rid of it due to a conflict... Who knows, maybe we could've been in the same class lol

anya.j likes this.
Old 06-30-2012 at 02:35 PM   #9
glung11

Liked: 0 Times

Hi, your program sounds interesting

XNtrikster says thanks to glung11 for this post.
Old 06-30-2012 at 10:20 PM   #10
XNtrikster

Hi Gerry, and thank you I'm really looking forward to seeing the way this fine arts program goes. After all, I did ditch OCAD and York (both schools which have long standing and "notable" fine arts programs) to come to Mac, who only started in the last school year there are already a lot of things I like about McMaster more than both York and OCAD, particularly the freedom... And I've yet to begin ahah. What about you, which program are you in? And seeing as to how you're a firste year as well, welcome to McMaster and MacInsiders!
Old 07-06-2012 at 07:32 PM   #11
Afsha-noon

Liked: 11 Times

Wow, your program sounds awesome! I'd love to do that - I didn't even know about the program! :( But awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with as well
Old 07-13-2012 at 05:24 PM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Wow the Studio Art program sounds so cool! Learn something new everyday... I didn't even know that program was started! NICE!! Welcome to MacInsiders. We're all here to help support you, and be sure to come out to our MacInsiders Social event which will take place in September so you can meet new friends and all the MI staff in person!

XNtrikster says thanks to Chad for this post.

XNtrikster likes this.