MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
macinsiders ftw! lawleypop General Discussion 48 04-23-2010 08:32 PM
Help with Macinsiders jo87 Computers & Tech 13 04-16-2010 07:51 PM
Macinsiders down mike_302 Computers & Tech 2 02-18-2010 02:22 PM
Welcome To MacInsiders! Chad First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 02-25-2008 06:31 PM
All About MacInsiders Chad MacInsiders 2 08-01-2007 08:31 AM

Hi Macinsiders :]

Old 04-20-2011 at 03:55 PM   #1
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Hi Macinsiders :]
  • Your full name
  • Year, Faculty, and Program
  • Your ambitions, what you expect to do after university
  • Tastes/Interests (music, television, etc)
  • What you hope to get out of MacInsiders, why you joined, or how we can help!
I'll just be using the template above I guess.

1) Humza M. Tariq
2) Prospective Student for this new upcoming school year
3) I really want to become a cop after finishing university
4) Don't really listen to music anymore, I was into rock/punk/metal/indie. I watch FlashPoint but they really take forever to get the next damn season going
5) Whatever information I was looking for, I already found it on this site prior to registering today. I joined to be a part of this community that Chad and his friends have set up. I'm really into forums and probably could help out if needed.
Old 04-20-2011 at 03:57 PM   #2
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
  • Your full name
  • Year, Faculty, and Program
  • Your ambitions, what you expect to do after university
  • Tastes/Interests (music, television, etc)
  • What you hope to get out of MacInsiders, why you joined, or how we can help!
I'll just be using the template above I guess.

1) Humza M. Tariq
2) Prospective Student for this new upcoming school year
3) I really want to become a cop after finishing university
4) Don't really listen to music anymore, I was into rock/punk/metal/indie. I watch FlashPoint but they really take forever to get the next damn season going
5) Whatever information I was looking for, I already found it on this site prior to registering today. I joined to be a part of this community that Chad and his friends have set up. I'm really into forums and probably could help out if needed.
Welcome! Aspire to become a cop eh? Sounds fun and exciting.
Which program are you enrolled in?
Old 04-20-2011 at 04:00 PM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Welcome! Aspire to become a cop eh? Sounds fun and exciting.
Which program are you enrolled in?
Yes, I really do want to become a cop/police officer. It is my dream job ever since I can remember really. At the moment I am not fit enough to become a cop which I know and tell myself often, but I do have plans and goals which I will meet as I'm way too determined to back down from becoming a cop. The reason why I'm going to university first before applying is that if the police force(s) in my area have a hiring freeze I don't have to waste time. I would have a degree I could fall back upon and get a job with my degree in my area of expertise. I applied to Computer Science I (Co-Op).
Old 04-20-2011 at 04:07 PM   #4
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Yes, I really do want to become a cop/police officer. It is my dream job ever since I can remember really. At the moment I am not fit enough to become a cop which I know and tell myself often, but I do have plans and goals which I will meet as I'm way too determined to back down from becoming a cop. The reason why I'm going to university first before applying is that if the police force(s) in my area have a hiring freeze I don't have to waste time. I would have a degree I could fall back upon and get a job with my degree in my area of expertise. I applied to Computer Science I (Co-Op).
Goodluck, and it's always good to have something to fall back upon. Though I'm wondering how come you didn't join a Police foundations program at a college, or perhaps criminal justice at other universities?

One of my ex's aspired to become a cop as well, and she's in PF course at humber. Either way, I think you'll enjoy mac, and I hope you get your dream job!
Old 04-20-2011 at 04:10 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Cause I don't want to waste 2 years in PF or something of that sort if I don't get hired for some unfortunate reason. After wasting those 2 years, take a program at university for 4-5 years and before I graduate, all my friends are already in the workforce. I guess it all boils down to time really, I talked to several people who have graduated from PF and are currently in it, I don't need it. They just basically train you for the physical and mental aspects which they assess for your employment.
Old 04-26-2011 at 12:17 AM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

A prospective student, awesome! Welcome to the MI community! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask in the main MI Forums! See you there!
Old 04-26-2011 at 09:36 AM   #7
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Thanks Chad. :]
I sent you a PM, hopefully you find the time to reply to it.