MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-24-2010 at 03:40 AM   #1
Nightfoot

Liked: 0 Times

Hi there!
Hi! My name is Lisa. I'm going into Humanities this year, and hopefully Multimedia after that. I hail from sunny California, and I can't wait to get to Canada and get out of this heat!

I like writing, drawing, Discworld, and anime. And some other stuff.

Anyone else in Wallingford?
Old 06-24-2010 at 04:19 AM   #2
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfoot View Post
Hi! My name is Lisa. I'm going into Humanities this year, and hopefully Multimedia after that. I hail from sunny California, and I can't wait to get to Canada and get out of this heat!

I like writing, drawing, Discworld, and anime. And some other stuff.

Anyone else in Wallingford?
If I lived in the US, I'd look forward to getting out too :p

Yay Humanities!
Old 06-24-2010 at 09:22 AM   #3
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
If I lived in the US, I'd look forward to getting out too :p
Buurrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnn n
Old 06-24-2010 at 01:16 PM   #4
Nightfoot

Ha ha, I feel the same way about getting out of America. I was born in Canada (in Hamilton, actually) so I'm glad to be going home.
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:46 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Hey Lisa! Welcome!!

MMEDIA rocks, you'll have loads of fun. Are you doing just multimedia or a combined honours? If you're into communications i'd recommend combining the two, it's really great having them together and opens up your job/career prospects! Marketing and PR combines well with multimedia/creative design.

What about MMEDIA interested you/what are you hoping to get out of MMEDIA? Ie. are you into graphic design, video production, audio production, game design, web design, flash animation, etc?
Old 06-26-2010 at 12:57 AM   #6
Nightfoot

I was going to just do Multimedia; I haven't really thought about Communication. I took two years of a multimedia class at a technical high school, and both years I did graphic design. My favourite thing to do is book cover designs, movie posters, that sort of thing. I also like Flash animation, though I haven't done very much of that

Is it difficult to get into the Multimedia program? The brochure says enrollment is limited, so should I be worried about getting in? And would having experience in it already help my chances?
Old 06-26-2010 at 12:49 PM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

As Chad suggested, I would think about combining MMEDIA with something; it can help you learn more skills which can transfer to work later on. He also is a grad of the combined COMM MMEDA program.

P.S., hi!

And oh man are you in for a shocker when Hamilton gets "winter".

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement