Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Music 1cc3 smiles Academics 0 05-31-2010 11:06 AM
Stats 1cc3 lbqjenny Academics 2 06-10-2009 09:29 PM

History 1CC3

Old 09-14-2013 at 05:34 PM   #1
patriciagorsa

Liked: 0 Times

History 1CC3
I just switched into History 1CC3 with Dr. Weaver. I find that I have a really hard time paying attention during his lectures especially since his power points don't outline any information except for the names of the topics he's lecturing about. Do any upper years that have taken his course have any wise words for me to be able to succeed in his class? I'm not too great with writing historical essays either, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-14-2013 at 06:32 PM   #2
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciagorsa View Post
I just switched into History 1CC3 with Dr. Weaver. I find that I have a really hard time paying attention during his lectures especially since his power points don't outline any information except for the names of the topics he's lecturing about. Do any upper years that have taken his course have any wise words for me to be able to succeed in his class? I'm not too great with writing historical essays either, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Patricia,

Dr. Weaver is an exceptional history prof and has just celebrated his 40th year of teaching at Mac. Although he is old school, he is also very fair. He prides himself on using a teaching style he calls "tell them what you're going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them." In other words, Dr. Weaver ensures that he emphasizes important material. Take note of this. In fact, Dr. Weaver posts his power points on the McMaster history website. This way you don't have to worry about writing down what the power points say and instead make notes of what he lectures.

He is picky about essays and loves to edit. However, he will show you exactly where you made a mistake and his grading scheme is fair. Keep up on the reading and be vocal in class. He loves people who speak up.

Come to him with any problems you may have. He is kind and willing to help, but also very professional.

Here's a link to the powerpoints:

http://www.humanities.mcmast er.ca/...2013_2014.html

Good luck!