MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
History 3CW3 ardenelva 3rd Year Course Reviews 1 01-07-2013 12:24 PM
Dropping Classics, History 1A03, History 1AA3 or Poli Sci 1G06? Tallee Academics 2 08-21-2010 12:17 AM
History 1B03 thomson91 Academics 0 01-30-2010 02:12 PM

History 2P03/History 2HI3

Historical Inquiry
Published by ardenelva
06-07-2010
Published by

Taken Term I 2009-2010 (as 2P03, before course code changed to 2HI3) with Dr. Balcom. Topic was: "Slavery, Racism and the Writing of American History". Maybe it was because I was in 3rd year at the time, but the class was very easy. For anyone who has ever written a research essay, most assignments will be a breeze. The readings were usually pretty short.

Course Description:

"This course is designed to develop the necessary skills for good historical research, writing, and presentation. The course is designed to teach these skills in the context of a focused historical topic and the methods of inquiry learning. This course is built around active participation, mutual respect and cooperation. Therefore students are required to complete all assigned readings and to actively participate in discussion in a collegial and constructive way."

Course Breakdown:

Research Skills 1: Finding Sources (500-700 wds): 5%
Research Skills 2: Evaluating Primary Sources (750-800 wds): 10%
Critical Reading (700-1000 wds): 20%
Visual Assignment (1000 wds): 15%
Oral Presentation of Proposal (10-15 minutes): 10%
Project Proposal (1000-1500 words): 20%
Seminar Participation: 20%
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for History 2P03/History 2HI3!

Old 09-13-2011 at 08:05 PM   #2
croleycm
Year: Second

Liked: 0 Times
I loved these courses!
  Reply With Quote Deleted Post Deleted Post

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search