MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Has Anyone Taken Music 2tt3/thtr&flm 2tt3 ah2013 Academics 2 05-03-2012 11:37 AM
History 2TT3?? britb Academics 6 05-23-2010 11:01 PM

History 2tt3

History 2tt3
Canadian History
Published by clocat
12-08-2012
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
90%90%90%
Professor Rating
100%100%100%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
80%80%80%
Average 88%
History 2tt3

History 2TT3: Survey of Canadian History, 1885-Present is a pretty interesting course if you are into Canadian history. Dr. Henderson is a very good prof, he is very approachable and is always willing to help out and answer any questions, however, he doesn't post much text with his slides so its pretty important to actually go to class and listen to what he is saying. He tries to make all his lectures interesting though, and he's a funny guy. I took the evening class and the grading scheme was as follows: Midterm 20%, Essay 40%, Exam 40%. The midterm and exam were both pretty easy consisting of short answer questions. They focus more on themes occurring throughout the course and allow you to elaborate your answers and relate them to many different things you've learned. For the essay you have to read a book (there was a list of around 6-8) and write a precis and critical analysis on it (7-8 pages in total) but overall not too hard. My only complaint would be that I think there should be 2 essays worth 20% each but I suppose that would involve having to read 2 books rather than one. Over-all, its an interesting course with a great prof who marks fairly if you put in the effort. Also I found I used the text book quite a bit- its very good supplementary reading to the lectures, but if you attended all the lectures and take really good notes you could probably get by without out.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for History 2tt3!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search