MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone planning on dropping life sci 2h03, psych 2ap3, or psych 2c03 second semester? macbaby07 Academics 2 07-12-2010 05:32 PM
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM

hon bio-psych

Old 03-31-2011 at 07:59 AM   #1
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

hon bio-psych
hey guys,

i m interested in applying for the Hon Bio-Psych program. For this, among other requirements, I need chem and psych. I did not take psych, and I failed first term chem (so at this point I have no grade in chem either).
I failed 2 courses last term.

That being said, If I dont fail any other course, I would have credit in 8 courses, not 10. When the registrar calculates my CA, will they use the zeros in CA calculation, or will they calculate CA on the 8 completed courses.

I was thinking of completing chem and psych at York (because at Mac, these courses are offered at the same time and in the evening <-- which is creating some problems for me because I commute to Mac.

anyway, i know that if u complete a course at another uni, it is not counted in Mac GPA. Is there any circumstance, when Mac might look into the mark that u got in courses u took at another uni, and use that in their decision to allow u entry into the program (or is this just my fantasy).

thank u very much for the responses =)
Old 03-31-2011 at 08:43 AM   #2
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Failed courses are always included in the calculation of your cumulative average. This won't change once you upgrade the course: the zero is always factored into your average.

To my understanding, your credits are transferred if completed at another university (and approved by McMaster), but the mark you achieve in it is not.

I'd e-mail an academic advisor to see if there are any circumstances where they can include these courses in your cumulative average.
Old 03-31-2011 at 09:28 AM   #3
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by epikness View Post
hey guys,

i m interested in applying for the Hon Bio-Psych program. For this, among other requirements, I need chem and psych. I did not take psych, and I failed first term chem (so at this point I have no grade in chem either).
I failed 2 courses last term.

That being said, If I dont fail any other course, I would have credit in 8 courses, not 10. When the registrar calculates my CA, will they use the zeros in CA calculation, or will they calculate CA on the 8 completed courses.

I was thinking of completing chem and psych at York (because at Mac, these courses are offered at the same time and in the evening <-- which is creating some problems for me because I commute to Mac.

anyway, i know that if u complete a course at another uni, it is not counted in Mac GPA. Is there any circumstance, when Mac might look into the mark that u got in courses u took at another uni, and use that in their decision to allow u entry into the program (or is this just my fantasy).

thank u very much for the responses =)
u wont get in

from my understanding (of last yrs requirements) u need both chems AND an avg of atleast 7 between the two
and atleast a 7 in both psychs

and the cutoff is probably around mid-7