MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-26-2009 at 04:43 PM   #1
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Honorarium for what?
I was looking at jobs on the MSU website and one of them is for Faculty Wide Welcome Week Planner. The salary says "$2000 - $2200 honorarium"

Does anyone know what the honorarium is for?
Old 01-26-2009 at 05:19 PM   #2
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

It's a new position being tried out by the FYEO this year. The person would be responsible for liasing with all of the individual faculty planners and representing them at all of the core meetings throughout the summer. So the honorarium is for attending those meetings and putting up with the FYEO
Old 01-26-2009 at 07:33 PM   #3
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Oops, I don't think my question is clear.

For example, when you take notes for the CSD, you get a $75 honorarium for Titles. Meaning you get a $75 Titles gift card.

Is the $2000-2200 paid in cash, or is it like a gift card? I assume "honorarium" meant "means of pay other than cash"
Old 01-26-2009 at 07:41 PM   #4
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

The position was created after consultation with the MSU (lol I've gotta give andrea credit because I delt with the old system. blek).. in order to solve the problem of inefficient welcome week planner meetings.

The honourarium is essentially your payment for the position. It's not exactly the same as a salary as there are no set hours or anything. It is cash though! lol no gift cards.

It's an exciting new change and I really really hope that it helps the process a long and allows for more faculty-wide event. I'm also hoping it makes it easier for first years to really connect with their faculty more where as currently welcome week is heavily residence biased. Which is silly since you're with your faculty for the duration of your time at McMaster and there are a ton of opportunities to get involved with in your faculty and you do not get as much exposure time to in WW.

Last edited by temara.brown : 01-26-2009 at 07:43 PM.