MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sending payments to mac Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-24-2010 11:17 PM
Sending baggage to mac before school starts thdms9211 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-24-2010 09:52 AM
Sending Mail Deegs14 General Discussion 4 04-05-2010 01:47 PM
Emails not working? Flag First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-24-2009 10:32 PM
Sending documents for OSAP raine General Discussion 4 06-21-2009 09:12 PM

Hotmail sending out emails?

Old 12-24-2010 at 10:26 PM   #1
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

Hotmail sending out emails?
Hey guys!

So my hotmail account has been randomly sending emails to a random address... when I googled it, I found this:

http://www.digitalgangster.c om/4um...ail-killer-1.0

which happens to be the exact same problem I've been having, so hooray! I found the idiots that did it, but I dont really know how to stop it. It sort of happened all night last night, and i woke up this morning to find several failed submission notices....

To make it clear, my hotmail is sending emails to this thomas hooverson guy and I dont really know how to stop it... I dont know if it will happen tonight, I just know that it hasn't happened all day today...

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions, much appreciated... I changed my password.. I doubt it will do any good, but I try.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-24-2010 at 10:59 PM   #2
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

gmail FTW

hotmail is sooooooo last decade

hamnahx02 likes this.
Old 12-25-2010 at 12:08 AM   #3
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

Change your password, security questions, and back up email address (if you didn't have one before check if they added one). A lot of email addresses get hijacked and spam people, no one knows it until someone tells them or what happened to you.

I just checked that site out, it's kind of creepy but funny at the same time.

Last edited by collinbf : 12-25-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Carefree likes this.
Old 12-27-2010 at 03:31 PM   #4
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

How important is this email address to you? If this keeps happening, I suggest you email all your contacts from a new email account (only people you actually talk to and care if they email you) and say "Hi, this is so-and-so. I think my Hotmail email was hacked/spammed, so I'm switching to another address. Please email me at [email protected] from now on."

Something happened to my Hotmail account a few years ago and it was sending spam all over the place. I switched to Gmail, deleted my Hotmail account and now I don't have any problems.