MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how's my timetable? k2s8262 Academics 9 08-17-2008 12:34 AM
How's my timetable? MacEng First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 46 08-13-2008 02:55 PM
How's This Course Load? zango First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-08-2008 08:14 PM

How's your first day?!

Old 09-10-2009 at 09:53 PM   #46
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

My first day was good. Had 3rd year Finance and Accounting; nothing too special, just went over the syllabi and discussed the course in general.

Was fun to chill with my friends again though (I made all of our schedules to be the same).
Old 09-10-2009 at 09:57 PM   #47
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

My first day went pretty well. Just had two lectures, where the profs went over the course outlines
It was great to meet several friends after summer.
Old 09-10-2009 at 10:05 PM   #48
Rampea2

Liked: 3 Times

All my profs mentioned the H1N1 virus and all the contingency plans they've been thinking up to account for half the class possibly getting sick =S

Totally makes me scared.

HOWEVER, a friend who is taking the first year Anthro Plagues and Pandemic course told me that the prof there never mentioned it! That's gotta be worth something!
Old 09-10-2009 at 10:07 PM   #49
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
My first day was good. Had 3rd year Finance and Accounting; nothing too special, just went over the syllabi and discussed the course in general.

Was fun to chill with my friends again though (I made all of our schedules to be the same).
Stalker...

Nah I'm kidding Good for you for taking that effort

I didn't like how the Math 1A03 kids kept laughing. Cheri, I forgot you were in my class. I was worrying (I'm always worrying) about how to carry my textbooks, whether I can make it 3 more hours without using a public washroom, carrying my old Calc textbook to Titles to return it , failing, which of sin(degree1) or sin1 is bigger..(I've forgotton my trig)...getting my iClicker and Dr. Dushoff's class.

Kept wondering why the kids wouldn't stop talking.

Oh and getting some stuff done on my Mac, thank you Mark for giving me hte idea (though you may not know you prompted me to think of it).

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 09-10-2009 at 10:10 PM   #50
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Oh and getting some stuff done on my Mac, thank you Mark for giving me hte idea (though you may not know you prompted me to think of it).
I'm so inspiring!

goodnews.inc says thanks to reeves for this post.
Old 09-10-2009 at 10:11 PM   #51
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I find the H1N1 + strike stuff a bunch of garbage (me, personally).
Most of the people I've heard talk about the strike are spreading inaccurate information (odd, given that they are reputable authority figures).

The H1N1..good hygiene practices etc are all we can really do against most viruses given a high rate of mutation would prevent the discovery of an effective vaccine.

I'm more surprised that more people haven't emphasized the possibility of failing and seperating a high school mindset from a university mindset which I think is a point that can never be underscored too much.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Joseph says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.

lorend likes this.
Old 09-10-2009
Joseph
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-11-2009 at 12:05 AM   #52
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampea2 View Post

HOWEVER, a friend who is taking the first year Anthro Plagues and Pandemic course told me that the prof there never mentioned it! That's gotta be worth something!
That's a second year class. The three first year anthros are cultural, biological/physical and archeology.

-------------------

I want to my classes to start before monday so I can get myself organized. Needing to wait until next week to find out what I need to do this year is making me cranky.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by lorend : 09-11-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-11-2009 at 06:38 AM   #53
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Stalker...

Nah I'm kidding Good for you for taking that effort

I didn't like how the Math 1A03 kids kept laughing. Cheri, I forgot you were in my class. I was worrying (I'm always worrying) about how to carry my textbooks, whether I can make it 3 more hours without using a public washroom, carrying my old Calc textbook to Titles to return it , failing, which of sin(degree1) or sin1 is bigger..(I've forgotton my trig)...getting my iClicker and Dr. Dushoff's class.

Kept wondering why the kids wouldn't stop talking.

Yea, they seemed pretty restless. I'll normally be in the front row if you ever wanna come say hi =P I'll have blond hair and cool shoes. XD Actually, I was pretty irritated in that class.. I had a bunch of 2nd year courses and like, no one talked or anything when the prof was talking, but as soon as I got to 1a03... They were just antsy, I guess. xD

I didn't hear about h1n1 once. O_O lmao. I'm guessing the faculty thinks that first years don't know to wash their hands after they piss? Lulz.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-11-2009 at 12:29 PM   #54
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

My second day is hectic but pretty fantastic!